The Original, Patented Dual-Edge Guide Rail Square for Festool®, Milwaukee®, Makita®, Powertec®, WEN® & Triton® Track Saws
Introducing the newest version of the best-selling guide rail square on the market: the GRS-16 PE v2. Designed to make it much faster to achieve dead square cuts with your track saw, our newest square improves upon the original GRS-16 by adding a second "parallel edge" to permit squaring against the front and back of your workpiece.
What makes the GRS-16 PE v2 the best tool of its kind?
- NEW! Rapid attachment feature: simply insert the square at any point along the guide rail and clamp it in place—no need to slide it into the guide rail from one of the ends or remove hose deflectors, clamps, or other accessories occupying the guide rail T-slot
- NEW! Now compatible with Milwaukee M18 FUEL™ 6-½" Plunge Track Saw guide rails.
- Single-piece design that self-squares to 90° with no adjustments needed (and no points of failure in the future)
- Lighter than its predecessor despite being CNC machined from 25% thicker aluminum, with improved guide rail support and engagement
- Draw latch hook now features a resilient coating to grasp your guide rail and protect it from marring
- Notches in both reference edges accommodate popular clamps like the Festool Screw Clamp (489570), Quick Clamp (FS-HZ 160), and Axminster clamps
- Threaded M6 accessory mounting holes enable connection to the TSO Parallel Guide System and Angle Accessory
- Two squares fit in a Systainer—see our Systainer Foam Insert and limited edition TSO Blue Systainer3 M 112
- New, fully recyclable all-corrugated white packaging
See How It Works
Simple, Automatic Accuracy
Before the GRS-16, methods for squaring a track saw relied on the loose-tolerance T-slot found in every guide rail. To overcome this inherent inaccuracy, woodworkers relied on a separate reference square, plus a combination of loose parts like T-bars, hex bolts, and knobs. These shop-made solutions would often quickly fall out of square, requiring constant vigilance and recalibration to maintain accuracy.
The patented GRS-16 PE solves this problem with a simple one-piece design that self-squares as it attaches to the guide rail. Once the powerful draw latch is engaged, the GRS-16 PE becomes a rigid extension of your guide rail, providing two precise 90° reference edges that won’t fall out of square over time. Despite its high clamping strength, a comfort coating on the latch handle makes it easy to generate the leverage necessary to engage, release or reposition the square along your length of track.
Made in the USA with a Five-Year Warranty
The GRS-16 PE is precision CNC machined from a single piece of 5/8" (15 mm) thick 6061-T6 aluminum and anodized for a non-marring, durable finish. The GRS-16 PE is made in Minneapolis, United States, and comes with a five-year warranty.
GRS-16 or GRS-16 PE?
If you need the ability to reference off the front and back edge of your workpiece, select the GRS-16 PE. If you want the absolute smallest and lightest form factor and anticipate using the square for conventional cuts referencing the front edge of your workpiece, choose the GRS-16.
A System Approach
The GRS-16 PE is much more than a guide rail square; it's the foundation of a broader system of TSO Products designed for interoperability. In fact, the GRS-16 PE can be connected to the TSO Parallel Guide System via its accessory mounting holes. Once connected, you can repeatedly square and parallel rip multiple workpieces.
Festool MFT/3 Compatibility
Did you know the GRS-16 PE can be connected directly to your MFT/3 guide rail hinge bracket? The time-consuming re-squaring process of the MFT guide rail is now a thing of the past. Rail squareness is now assured, unaffected by varying material thickness and rail height adjustment. The inspiration for this improvement came from customer Simon H., a Festool MFT/3 user in the UK. We listened and took action. Thank you, Simon!
We engineered this feature to keep the kerf line in exactly the same location as your standard MFT/3. You can quickly change back to the original MFT/3 arrangement any time.
GRS-16 PE connects perfect square to MFT/3
It does not get any more accurate than this!
- Dimensions: 15.2 x 6.0 x 1.4 inches (386 x 152 x 36 mm) - click here for dimension drawing
- Weight: 1.9 lbs (862 g)
- Material: 6061-T6 aluminum, anodized, 5/8 in (15 mm) thick
- Compatible Guide Rails: Fits Festool, Milwaukee, Makita, Powertec and Triton. Not compatible with Festool HK 55 Carpentry Saws including the FSK 250, FSK 420 and FSK 670. Not compatible with Bosch, DeWalt, or Kreg tracks. For DeWalt compatibility, see separate GRS-16 PE D model. For Kreg compatibility, see separate GRS-16 PE K model.
- Clamping Mechanism: Over center draw latch (304 stainless steel) with compensating spring; secured with M4x0.7-10 stainless steel socket head screws
- Accessory Mounting Holes: Tapped for M6 threads for compatibility with TSO Parallel Guide System and Angle Accessory
Quick video walkthrough of the original GRS-16 PE.
Special thanks to Eric at The Poplar Shop for his unexpected video review of the original GRS-16!
Guide Rail Square Comparison Table
Guide Rail Square
Guide Rail Square
|Squaring your guide rail by referencing off the front edge of your workpiece
|Squaring your guide rail by referencing off either the front or back edge of your workpiece
|TSO Parallel Guide System
TSO Limited Edition Systainer³ M 112
FoamPack Storage Insert for T-LOC Systainer & Systainer³ M 112
TSO Products GRS-16 Guide Rail Square. Quick review.
TSO Products sent me the GRS-16 guide rail square and asked me...
New Release: GRS-16 Track Square
Damion Fauser, furniture designer/maker and Wood Review author...
GRS-16 Track Saw Guide Rail Square Review
Looking for a quick and accurate way to make square cuts with ...
One month review of my TSO Products GRS-16
I found thus company on the internet while searching for other...
Testing the TSO GRS-16 PE Square with the FESTOOL FS1400 Guide Rail
The friendly people at TSO send me their TSO GRS-16 PE. I cut...
An accessory tool for track saws that gives you perfect 90 deg...
Track Saw Guide Rail Square - Presenting the GRS-16 PE
In just seconds, transform your Festool, Makita or Triton bran...
Upgraded GRS-16 PE v2 Guide Rail Square with Faster, Drop-on Attachment
In just seconds, transform your Festool, Milwaukee, and Makita...
Warranty & Returns
This is an extremely high quality tool. The thick metal doesn't flex. It's easy to attach to the guide rail and is square without any adjustments. Highly recommend if you need a guide rail square.
DOES AN AWESOME JOB!!!!!
Very precise and worked perfect right out of the box. Checked engineers square on it and it was dead on. It was also packaged well!
Excellent product! Just wish it had a tab on the side next to the wood to keep from tipping.
Excellent. Tool! Performs as advertised! In my opinion it perform as good or better than a table saw without the hassle! A portable cabinet shop ! Can’t wait to purchase more two products!