Original, Patented Guide Rail Square for FESTOOL®, MAKITA®, POWERTEC® & TRITON®
Introducing the newest version of the best-selling guide rail square on the market: the GRS-16. Incorporating a number of user-driven enhancements, the TSO GRS-16 guide rail square is still the fastest, easiest and most accurate way to square cuts with your FESTOOL, MAKITA, POWERTEC and TRITON track saw guide rails.
Featuring New Enhancements
Thanks to feedback from the TSO user community, the GRS-16 guide rail square now includes:
- Our lightest design ever despite being CNC machined from 25% thicker aluminum, with a mating vertical edge providing maximum guide rail support
- Latch hook resilient coating grasps and protects the edge of your guide rail
- Easier to install onto your guide rail with a reshaped T-feature lead-in
- Accessory mounting holes tapped for M6 threads—enables connection to the TSO Parallel Guide System and Angle Accessory
- Available Dual FoamPac Systainer Insert fits both the GRS-16 and GRS-16 PE in a single Systainer
- New, fully recyclable all-corrugated white packaging
See How It Works
Simple, Automatic Accuracy
Introducing the fastest way to dead square cuts with your track saw: the GRS-16 Guide Rail Square. With its custom-made and powerful draw latch, the GRS-16 instantly self-squares while it clamps down to your track. And with a one-piece design made from a solid chunk of CNC-milled aluminum, you won't have to worry about losing that screw, clamp or other necessary accessory. Simply slide the GRS-16 onto your guide rail, clamp it down, and get to work.
Accurate cuts with your track saw may require using a screw or quick clamp to secure the guide rail to your workpiece. For this reason, the GRS-16 features notches to accommodate popular clamps from Festool, Axminster, or the like.
Built to be a Lifetime Tool
The GRS-16 is precision CNC machined from a single piece of 5/8" (15 mm) thick 6061-T6 aluminum and then anodized for a non-marring, high durability finish. The high-strength draw latch is custom-made from stainless steel to resist rust and pitting over time. Despite its high clamping strength, a comfort coating on the latch handle makes it easy to generate the leverage necessary to engage, release or reposition the square along your length of track. The GRS-16 guide rail square is made in the United States, and comes with our five-year warranty.
So Which Tool is Right for You?
If you want the absolute smallest and lightest form factor and anticipate using the square for conventional cuts referencing the front edge of your workpiece, choose the GRS-16 (the product you see on this page). If you need the ability to reference off the front and back edge of your workpiece, select the GRS-16 PE.
A System Approach
The GRS-16 is much more than a guide rail square; in fact, it's the foundation of a broader system of TSO Products designed for interoperability. Case in point: the GRS-16 includes attachment points to connect to the TSO Parallel Guide System. Once connected, you can repeatedly square and parallel rip multiple workpieces in a single operation.
- Dimensions: 15.2 x 6.0 x 1.4 inches (385 x 152 x 36 mm)
- Weight: 1.7 lbs (772 g)
- Material: 6061-T6 aluminum, anodized, 5/8 in (15 mm) thick
- Compatible Guide Rails (Both): Festool, Makita, Powertec, and Triton (not compatible with Festool HK 55 Carpentry Saws including the FSK 250, FSK 420 and FSK 670; not compatible with Bosch or DeWalt tracks)
- Clamping Mechanism: Over center draw latch (304 stainless steel) with compensating spring; secured with M4x0.7-10 stainless steel socket head screws
- Accessory Mounting Holes: Tapped for M6 threads for compatibility with TSO Parallel Guide System and Angle Accessory
Quick video walkthrough of the original GRS-16.
Special thanks to Eric at The Poplar Shop for his unexpected video review of the original GRS-16!
Guide Rail Square Comparison Table
Guide Rail Square
Guide Rail Square
|Squaring your guide rail by referencing off the front edge of your workpiece
|Squaring your guide rail by referencing off either the front or back edge of your workpiece
|TSO Parallel Guide System
TSO Limited Edition Systainer³ M 112
FoamPack Storage Insert for T-LOC Systainer & Systainer³ M 112
TSO Products GRS-16 Guide Rail Square. Quick review.
TSO Products sent me the GRS-16 guide rail square and asked me...
New Release: GRS-16 Track Square
Damion Fauser, furniture designer/maker and Wood Review author...
GRS-16 Track Saw Guide Rail Square Review
Looking for a quick and accurate way to make square cuts with ...
One month review of my TSO Products GRS-16
I found thus company on the internet while searching for other...
Testing the TSO GRS-16 PE Square with the FESTOOL FS1400 Guide Rail
The friendly people at TSO send me their TSO GRS-16 PE. I cut...
An accessory tool for track saws that gives you perfect 90 deg...
Track Saw Guide Rail Square - Presenting the GRS-16
In just seconds, transform your Festool®, Makita® or Triton® b...
Why I bought this instead of...
I used to drool over all these red Woodpecker squares you see ...
Warranty & Returns
I'm new to cabinet making and needed to break down 4 sheets of plywood for my first cabinets. Using both a Festool track saw and the TSO GRS-16 Guide Rail Square, everything came together perfectly. An absolute necessary accessory to go along with your track saw.
I don’t know how I’d live without these guide rail squares. When ripping a 4x8 sheet of plywood I attach the GRS-16 on one end and my GRS-16PE on the other end of my guide rail and get perfect cuts. Who needs a table saw if you have these? Not me. Highly recommended.
Does everything it’s supposed to do. Version 2 has some advantages, but the original meets all my requirements.