Presenting the PTR-18
An 18" (457mm) precision triangle designed to take advantage of your 20mm perforated worktop
Expanding your woodworking capabilities with the TSO Products PTR-18, the first precision triangle designed to take full advantage of worktops featuring the 20mm hole pattern popularized by the FestoolⓇ MFT/3 MultiFunction Table. Out of the box, the PTR-18 will be the most accurate triangle in your arsenal—but it’s no simple triangle. Careful engineering and smart design features set the PRT-18 apart, making it a great solution for squaring your workpiece on a Festool MFT/3, verifying the accuracy of a custom-made perforated worktop, or traditional triangle duties such as angle setting on your miter saw, marking angles, or ensuring dead-square cuts on sheetgoods. With its removable foot, this triangle literally stands on its own—to verify squareness of a cabinet interior—or to register a quick 45 degree angle against a reference edge. The PTR-18 is made in the USA from cast aluminum tooling plate on high-precision CNC machining centers and anodized for maximum durability.
- Guaranteed Accurate: Machined on high-precision CNC machining centers and made from thick precision aluminum tooling plate guaranteed square to within .001” over its 18” length as verified using an automated CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine).
- Removable Foot: Enables freestanding use or quick angle measurement off the edge of your table or workpiece. Includes ball-tip Allen wrench and stainless steel socket screws which can be conveniently stowed in tapped holes along the foot when not in use.
- Accepts 20mm Bench Dogs: Eight 20mm holes are perfectly positioned on 96mm centers to align with the hole pattern on your Festool MFT/3 table or similar perforated worktop, and accept our DoubleGroove™ Medium Dogs—providing an accurate, repeatable, and adjustable means of rapidly aligning workpieces or ensuring the squareness of your Festool fence and guide rail. (Note that you can also use widely available alternative bench dog brands, but those alternatives may not provide enough depth to accommodate clamping knobs—like our well-regarded M8 SpeedKnobs™—once inserted through the triangle and table.)
- Dual Dimensioned: Both Imperial or Metric measurement included (one on each side).
- Easy to Read: Extremely legible, large, laser-engraved marking.
- Expandable with Accessories: Index the PTR-18 to your Festool MFT/3 table with our DoubleGroove™ Dogs and SpeedKnobs™.
- Warranty: Backed by our lifetime guarantee.
What's Included in the Box
- PTR-18 Precision Triangle Body
- PTR-18 Removable Foot
- M4 Socket Head Cap Screws (6)
- M3 Allen Wrench
Optional Accessories (Coming Soon!)
Additional Photos & Applications
Quickly square your guide rail to the MFT/3 worktop or fence.
Confirm interior squareness of even large cabinet builds.
Remove the foot to calibrate your miter gauge to the table saw blade, or ensure a perfect 45 or 90 degree cut on the miter saw.
Use the PTR-18 as a fence for your perforated worktop and make accurate angular cuts with the addition of TSO Products DoubleGroove™ Dogs.
Triangle Comparison Table
|PTR-18 Precision Basic Triangle||MTR-18 Precision System Triangle||MTR-18 Precision System Triangle Set||MTR-18 Master Accessory Kit|
|Includes…||Triangle, removeable foot, mounting screws, hex allen wrench||Triangle, removeable foot, mounting screws, hex allen wrench, edge locator pins||Triangle, removeable foot, mounting screws, hex allen wrench, edge locator pins, pointer, locking pin, t-bolt, two DoubleGroove Dogs, two SpeedKnobs, two clamping angles, two allen drivers||Pointer, locking pin, t-bolt, two DoubleGroove Dogs, two SpeedKnobs, two clamping angles, two allen drivers|
|Best for…||90 and 45 degree set-ups||90 and 45 degree set-ups, plus ability to add accessories in the future||Applications requiring fine, infinite angle adjustment and repeatability||Adding infinite angle adjustment to MTR-18, additional clamping options|
Special set savings!
|Optional Accessories||DoubleGroove™ Dogs, SpeedKnobs™||MTR-18 Master Accessory Kit, DoubleGroove™ Dogs, SpeedKnobs™||Nope, it's all included!||N/A|
Got a suggestion to make this page even better? Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
The TSO Products PTR-18 is Patent Pending.
TSO Products reserves the right to change specification of products without notice. Standard equipment and specifications may differ from country to country. Some products published here may not be sold in your country. Printed materials may not be current, so always check the TSO Products website for the most up-to-date product information.
FESTOOL is a Trademark of FESTOOL Tool Technic Tanos.
PTR-18™ TSO Products, LLC.
All Rights Reserved © 2018