There's no easier way to square your Festool MFT/3 multifunction workstation--even when the guide rail is in its elevated position!
The Woodworking Triangle, Reimagined…
Expand your woodworking capabilities with the PTR-18 PLUS, part of the first precision woodworking triangle family designed to take full advantage of work surfaces featuring the 20mm hole pattern popularized by the Festool® MFT/3 MultiFunction Table.
Out of the box, the PTR-18 PLUS will be the most accurate triangle in your arsenal—but it’s no simple triangle. Careful engineering and smart design features set the PTR-18 PLUS apart, making it a great solution for squaring your workpiece on a Festool MFT/3, verifying the accuracy of a custom-made 20x96mm worktop, or traditional triangle duties such as angle setting on your miter saw, marking angles, or ensuring dead-square cuts on sheetgoods. With its removable foot, this precision woodworking triangle literally stands on its own—to verify squareness of a cabinet interior—or to register a quick 45 degree angle against a reference edge. The PTR-18 PLUS is made in the USA from cast aluminum tooling plate on high-precision CNC machining centers and anodized for maximum durability.
So, what sets the PTR-18 PLUS apart from other woodworking triangles?
- Guaranteed Accurate: Machined on high-precision CNC machining centers and made from thick precision aluminum tooling plate guaranteed square to within .001” over its 18” length as verified using an automated CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine).
- Removable Foot: Enables freestanding use or quick angle measurement off the edge of your table or workpiece. Includes hex wrench and stainless steel socket screws which can be conveniently stowed in tapped holes along the foot when not in use.
- Projection Pins: Four pins are included (two short and two long), forming a projected straightedge on a single surface. This is handy for certain situations, such as referencing off an edge further away than the removeable foot can reach, or squaring an MFT/3 table while the guide rail is in an elevated position.
- Easily Stowed Away: All TSO precision triangles can be stored underneath the MFT/3 for safe transport or out-of-the-way storage by attaching the triangle body to the 20mm hole pattern using Small Chamfer Dogs from above the work surface, and using M8 SpeedKnobs to clamp from below.
- Accepts 20mm Bench Dogs: Eight 20mm holes are perfectly positioned on 96mm centers to align with the hole pattern on your Festool MFT/3 table or similar 20mm worktop, and accept our DoubleGroove™ Medium Dogs—providing an accurate, repeatable, and adjustable means of rapidly aligning workpieces or ensuring the squareness of your Festool fence and guide rail. (Note that you can also use widely available alternative bench dog brands, but those alternatives may not provide enough depth to accommodate clamping knobs—like our popular M8 SpeedKnobs™—once inserted through the triangle and table.)
- Dual Dimensioned: Both Imperial or Metric measurement included with each triangle (one on each side).
- Easy to Read: High contrast, large, laser-engraved marking.
Expandable with Accessories:
- DoubleGroove™ Medium Dogs and M8 SpeedKnobs™ to index the PTR-18 PLUS to your Festool MFT/3 table or custom 20mm work surface
- Small Chamfer Dogs and M8 SpeedKnobs™ to stow the PTR-18 PLUS underneath your Festool MFT/3 table when not in use
- Clamping Angles for casework squaring
- Dog Rail Clips for attaching the triangle to Festool Guide Rails
What's Included In The Box
- PTR-18 PLUS Precision Triangle Body
- PTR-18 Removable Foot
- M4 Socket Head Cap Screws (6)
- M3 Hex Wrench
- Edge Locating Pins (2)
- Guide Rail Squaring 25mm Tall Pins (2)
Additional Photos & Applications
Quickly square cabinet casings with the PTR-18 and its removeable foot.
Remove the foot to calibrate your miter gauge to the table saw blade, or ensure a perfect 45 or 90 degree cut on the miter saw.
Use the PTR-18 as a fence for your 20mm worktop and make accurate 45 degree cuts even on massive workpieces. Secured by way of TSO DoubleGroove™ Medium Dogs.
Got a suggestion to make this page even better? Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
Warranty & Returns
I have the MTR 18" but it is good to have a simple square
This is a trusted baseline Reference that I try to build to. Very useful around the shop for setup and quickly visualizing build tolerance. Excellent product.
Beautiful tool. I use it to square my MFT3 and it's fast and dead square. I checked the square against a digital angle finder and it was perfect.
Didn't know I needed a triangle until I got it. Can be used for squaring up machines, checking if mft table holes are square, cut 45's, check guide rails, square cabinets for glue up, and much more. Would have liked the MTR but not cutting crazy angles all the time.
Excellent quality. Precision is there with the machining, finish, packing, and all fasteners + edge lip.