PTR-18 PLUS: Updated with Expanded Capability
There's no easier way to square your Festool MFT/3 multifunction workstation--even when the guide rail is in its elevated position!
The PTR-18 PLUS features a new accessory mounting pattern with…
- (13) CNC Machined Attachment Points, M6 threaded
- (2) Edge Locating Pins, stainless steel, for referencing off the edge of a table or workpiece
- (2) Guide Rail Squaring Pins, stainless steel, 25mm tall for squaring even raised MFT/3 guide rails
Now taking advantage of available accessories:
- Clamping Angles for casework squaring
- Dog Rail Clips locking to Festool guide rails
- DoubleGroove™ Medium Bench Dogs for attaching the triangle to your 20mm worktop, supporting clamping from underneath with optional M8 SpeedKnobs
Keeps All of the Original PTR-18 Innovations
Expand your woodworking capabilities with the PTR-18 PLUS, part of the first precision triangle family designed to take full advantage of work surfaces featuring the 20mm hole pattern popularized by the Festool® MFT/3 MultiFunction Table.
Out of the box, the PTR-18 PLUS will be the most accurate triangle in your arsenal—but it’s no simple triangle. Careful engineering and smart design features set the PTR-18 PLUS apart, making it a great solution for squaring your workpiece on a Festool MFT/3, verifying the accuracy of a custom-made 20x96mm worktop, or traditional triangle duties such as angle setting on your miter saw, marking angles, or ensuring dead-square cuts on sheetgoods. With its removable foot, this triangle literally stands on its own—to verify squareness of a cabinet interior—or to register a quick 45 degree angle against a reference edge. The PTR-18 PLUS is made in the USA from cast aluminum tooling plate on high-precision CNC machining centers and anodized for maximum durability.
- Guaranteed Accurate: Machined on high-precision CNC machining centers and made from thick precision aluminum tooling plate guaranteed square to within .001” over its 18” length as verified using an automated CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine).
- Removable Foot: Enables freestanding use or quick angle measurement off the edge of your table or workpiece. Includes hex wrench and stainless steel socket screws which can be conveniently stowed in tapped holes along the foot when not in use.
- Accepts 20mm Bench Dogs: Eight 20mm holes are perfectly positioned on 96mm centers to align with the hole pattern on your Festool MFT/3 table or similar 20mm worktop, and accept our DoubleGroove™ Medium Dogs—providing an accurate, repeatable, and adjustable means of rapidly aligning workpieces or ensuring the squareness of your Festool fence and guide rail. (Note that you can also use widely available alternative bench dog brands, but those alternatives may not provide enough depth to accommodate clamping knobs—like our well-regarded M8 SpeedKnobs™—once inserted through the triangle and table.)
- Dual Dimensioned: Both Imperial or Metric measurement included (one on each side).
- Easy to Read: Extremely legible, large, laser-engraved marking.
Expandable with Accessories:
- DoubleGroove™ Medium Dogs and M8 SpeedKnobs™ to index the PTR-18 PLUS to your Festool MFT/3 table or custom 20mm work surface
- Clamping Angles for casework squaring
- Dog Rail Clips locking to FESTOOL Guide Rails
What's Included In The Box
- PTR-18 PLUS Precision Triangle Body
- PTR-18 Removable Foot
- M4 Socket Head Cap Screws (6)
- M3 Hex Wrench
- Edge Locating Pins (2)
- Guide Rail Squaring 25mm Tall Pins (2)
Additional Photos & Applications
Quickly square cabinet casings with the PTR-18 and its removeable foot.
Remove the foot to calibrate your miter gauge to the table saw blade, or ensure a perfect 45 or 90 degree cut on the miter saw.
Use the PTR-18 as a fence for your 20mm worktop and make accurate 45 degree cuts even on massive workpieces. Secured by way of TSO DoubleGroove™ Medium Dogs.
Got a suggestion to make this page even better? Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
Other DetailsLifetime Warranty from TSO Products!
10 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This thing is a beast! I was a little hesitant spending this much for what most would say in a fancy speed square, but I can tell you that it’s worth every penny. Much heavier than I expected but the weight makes it super easy to use and builds confidence in its accuracy. I haven’t had a chance to use all of the features yet but will surely appreciate everything that it can do once I build my new MFT table.
I bought this to use with my track saw and to calibrate my Incra table saw sled. It has been great for both uses.
The ptr triangle makes setting up my mft3 very fast and dead square, every time. The new tapped holes and pins make this a MUST HAVE for the mft in my opinion, its the fastest setup tool I’ve come across for it thanks to the pins and attachable foot. Being able to set the mft fence and the rail square to the table in one go quickly is a huge time saver. And the added bonus of being able to use the ptr as a fence for 45° cuts makes this one of the most valuable tools I use. The pins and 20mm holes really set the ptr apart from all other similar products on the market, like the big red squares and triangles I used to use. Its a great product, I’ve been very happy with it, and is now an indispensable part of my workflow.
Extremely useful and accurate for squaring up large items. Imperial and Metric on same triangle is a great feature. My only reservation is the marking method does not appear to be laser etched, so I will reserve judgement on durability of the markings. Comment from TSO: The markings on the Triangle are indeed laser engraved for a lifetime (or more) of use. :)
This triangle a mft table a 20mm dog and clamp you can cut any angle you want perfectly every time. It's a great addition to my MFT table and shop
excellent tool for squaring up my MFT3 table. great for squaring up cabinet boxes.
The quality of workmanship is outstanding works great setting G fence on Mft3 table.Very easy to read build robust to last forever.Even has imperial or metric scales.I installed the bar to raise it so I could set my fence parallel.Very satisfied.
This precision tool is perfect for a variety of things. Obviously squaring boxes, but also squaring my MFT guide, squaring my mitre saw, using the long side for a straight edge when coupling track saw guide rails. I also really like the dual scales as I am trying to convert to doing all work with the metric system (easy to use but hard for me to visualize lengths so far). The removable edge is another plus that adds to its versatility. And this tool is solid, probably weighs 4 lbs. Bottom line, it is an expensive PRECISION tool that will last you a lifetime. It's worth the one time wallet pain.
We are continually striving to improve our products based on customer input. While we make every attempt to keep our product pages up-to-date, know that the product you receive may reflect recent improvements and therefore differ slightly from the product depicted. We reserve the right to change specification of products without notice.