BigFoot™ DBF-45 v2.0
Base System for Festool® DOMINO DF500 & DF700XL
New for 2020. Wide area face mortising with auxiliary fence mounting provisions.
Incorporating feedback from the TSO user community, the new BigFoot™ DBF-45 v2.0 packs all the innovations of the original BigFoot:
- Massive surface area for stability compared to the original Festool accessory
- Big T-handle for control
- Large open viewport and parallax-free cursor
- Easy on/off with star grip knobs
- Stores easily inside both DF 500 and DF 700 XL systainers
Plus new features to make your DOMINO even more useful:
- New mounting points and included hardware for attaching shop-built auxiliary fence, customized to the length of your choice (free plans downloadable below)
- When used in conjunction with auxiliary fence, enables wide panel face mortising with speed and precision
- Three (3) additional parallax-free cursors provide more alignment choices for mortise centerline locations
- Still fits both DOMINO DF 500 and DX 700 XL—and easily fits in both systainers
See How It Works
The above animation shows how to connect the auxiliary fence and Domino joiner to the BigFoot DBF-45 v2.0 using included hardware.
The above animation shows how face mortising of even very wide panels can be accomplished with speed and precision.
- BigFoot™ DBF-45 v2.0 Base System for Festool DOMINO DF 500 & DF 700 XL
- 2 qty. Comfort Grip Star Knobs
- 4 qty. M6x1.0 Cone Point Setscrews (for auxiliary fence layout)
- 4 qty. M6x1.0 Flathead Screws (for auxiliary fence attachment)
- How to Make the Auxiliary Fence for Domino DF 500 (696-041 Rev. A)
- How to Make the Auxiliary Fence for Domino DF 700 XL (696-042 Rev. A)
- Dimension Drawing for DBF-45 v2.0 BigFoot Base (696-047 Rev. A)
- Dimension Drawing for DF 500 Auxiliary Fence (696-051 Rev. A)
- Dimension Drawing for DF 700 XL Auxiliary Fence (696-052 Rev. A)
Got an idea to make this page even better? Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
15 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I make quite a few tables where the side walls and dividers are joined to the top/bottom with dominos. Before buying this bigfoot, the originally provided plastic base for making mortises in panel faces was just lacking. The ease and sturdiness of the aluminum base has not only made the process faster, but the ease makes it more enjoyable to use. If I could leave it on 24/7 and would fit in the systainer, I would just leave it on.
Great addition to my Festool family, works great.
This replacement vertical support for both Festool Domino models marks a vast improvement over the standard, plastic support. Like the original, installing this support requires placing the domino and the support on the same flat surface and then installing the mounting screws with both parts referencing the same plane. The Bigfoot gives me much more confidence in vertical domino plunges than the stock Festool support. The large handle and the parallax free pointer are very well executed.
Makes it far, far easier to make the face cut for the big Domino connectors.
Install this on your Domino, then simply marvel at the precision of the alignment of the two screw holes and the edge of the right angle base to the face of the Domino. Definitely adds stability and grip options for the right angle plunge.
It's amazing to add to the Domino xl 700. Only negative is that there is no option to offset to account for use with the Seneca woodworking imperial domi-shim SWDS02.
The Big foot Bracket makes the domino jointer feel 100% sturdier when plunging downward into the surface . Thanks
I bought the Big Foot thinking it would see only occasional use. I find i have it mounted one my Domino almost all the time. It is a huge improvement over the support that comes standard with the Domino. The Big Foot is well made and attaches to the Domino quickly and true.
Every now and then I browse through TSO's website to see if they have any new tools on offer. When I saw the bigfoot I had to have it. I use it on my XL 700 and find that not only does it steady the Domino in plunge on horizontal surfaces, but also adds more stability for close to edge work....absolutely no rocking around. This is not to take away from the standard one that Festool supply, but the DBF-45 gives me a whole new level of confidence. One other thing is that the handle is great for checking a watchful eye from the back of the domino when plunging, I don't have to crane my head around to see what is going on. Thanks TSO!