PTR-18 PLUS: Updated with Expanded Capability
The PTR-18 PLUS features a new accessory mounting pattern with…
- (13) CNC Machined Attachment Points, M6 threaded
- (2) Edge Locating Pins, stainless steel, for referencing off the edge of a table or workpiece
- (2) Guide Rail Squaring Pins, stainless steel, 25mm tall for squaring even raised MFT/3 guide rails
Now taking advantage of available accessories:
- Clamping Angles for casework squaring
- Dog Rail Clips locking to Festool guide rails
- DoubleGroove™ Medium Bench Dogs for attaching the triangle to your 20mm worktop, supporting clamping from underneath with optional M8 SpeedKnobs
Keeps All of the Original PTR-18 Innovations
Expand your woodworking capabilities with the PTR-18 PLUS, part of the first precision triangle family designed to take full advantage of work surfaces featuring the 20mm hole pattern popularized by the FestoolⓇ MFT/3 MultiFunction Table.
Out of the box, the PTR-18 PLUS will be the most accurate triangle in your arsenal—but it’s no simple triangle. Careful engineering and smart design features set the PTR-18 PLUS apart, making it a great solution for squaring your workpiece on a Festool MFT/3, verifying the accuracy of a custom-made perforated worktop, or traditional triangle duties such as angle setting on your miter saw, marking angles, or ensuring dead-square cuts on sheetgoods. With its removable foot, this triangle literally stands on its own—to verify squareness of a cabinet interior—or to register a quick 45 degree angle against a reference edge. The PTR-18 PLUS is made in the USA from cast aluminum tooling plate on high-precision CNC machining centers and anodized for maximum durability.
- Guaranteed Accurate: Machined on high-precision CNC machining centers and made from thick precision aluminum tooling plate guaranteed square to within .001” over its 18” length as verified using an automated CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine).
- Removable Foot: Enables freestanding use or quick angle measurement off the edge of your table or workpiece. Includes hex wrench and stainless steel socket screws which can be conveniently stowed in tapped holes along the foot when not in use.
- Accepts 20mm Bench Dogs: Eight 20mm holes are perfectly positioned on 96mm centers to align with the hole pattern on your Festool MFT/3 table or similar perforated worktop, and accept our DoubleGroove™ Medium Dogs—providing an accurate, repeatable, and adjustable means of rapidly aligning workpieces or ensuring the squareness of your Festool fence and guide rail. (Note that you can also use widely available alternative bench dog brands, but those alternatives may not provide enough depth to accommodate clamping knobs—like our well-regarded M8 SpeedKnobs™—once inserted through the triangle and table.)
- Dual Dimensioned: Both Imperial or Metric measurement included (one on each side).
- Easy to Read: Extremely legible, large, laser-engraved marking.
Expandable with Accessories:
- DoubleGroove™ Medium Dogs and M8 SpeedKnobs™ to index the PTR-18 PLUS to your Festool MFT/3 table or custom 20mm work surface
- Clamping Angles for casework squaring
- Dog Rail Clips locking to FESTOOL Guide Rails
What's Included In The Box
- PTR-18 PLUS Precision Triangle Body
- PTR-18 Removable Foot
- M4 Socket Head Cap Screws (6)
- M3 Hex Wrench
- Edge Locating Pins (2)
- Guide Rail Squaring 25mm Tall Pins (2)
Additional Photos & Applications
Quickly square your guide rail to the MFT/3 worktop or fence.
Confirm interior squareness of even large cabinet builds.
Remove the foot to calibrate your miter gauge to the table saw blade, or ensure a perfect 45 or 90 degree cut on the miter saw.
Use the PTR-18 as a fence for your perforated worktop and make accurate angular cuts with the addition of TSO Products DoubleGroove™ Dogs.
Triangle Comparison Table
|PTR-18 Precision Basic Triangle||MTR-18 Precision System Triangle||MTR-18 Precision System Triangle Set||MTR-18 Master Accessory Kit|
|Includes…||Triangle, removable foot, mounting screws, hex allen wrench, edge locating pins, guide rail squaring pins||Triangle, removable foot, mounting screws, hex allen wrench, edge locator pins, squaring/connecting pins||Triangle, removable foot, mounting screws, hex allen wrench, edge locator pins, squaring/connecting pins, pointer, locking pin, ergo knob, t-bolt, four DoubleGroove Dogs, two clamping angles, two allen drivers, stowage tin||Pointer, locking pin, ergo knob, t-bolt, four DoubleGroove Dogs, two SpeedKnobs, two clamping angles, two allen drivers, extra mounting hardware|
|Best for…||90 and 45 degree set-ups, squaring guide rail to 20mm table||90 and 45 degree set-ups, plus ability to add accessories in the future||Applications requiring fine, infinite angle adjustment and repeatability||Adding infinite angle adjustment to MTR-18, additional clamping options|
|Optional Accessories||DoubleGroove™ Dogs, SpeedKnobs™||MTR-18 Master Accessory Kit, DoubleGroove™ Dogs, SpeedKnobs™||N/A (it's all included)||N/A (it's all included)|
Got a suggestion to make this page even better? Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
Other DetailsLifetime Warranty from TSO Products!
10 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The trangle is manfactured very precise and offers rhe ability to be positioned by 20mm parf dogs to my MFT3 desk. I am now practising for some days only but I like it very much. There is one major draw back: no distributer in Europe and you have to be aware that import tax has to be paid on top. I hope TSOproducts will come up with some more tools for the engaded woodworker.
We are continually striving to improve our products based on customer input. While we make every attempt to keep our product pages up-to-date, know that the product you receive may reflect recent improvements and therefore differ slightly from the product depicted. We reserve the right to change specification of products without notice.