Introducing the Expanded MTR-18 Set
An 18" (457mm) precision system triangle unmatched in its accuracy and versatility
Much more than a triangle, the MTR-18 Set is a first-of-its-kind tool combining the accuracy of a CNC machined precision triangle with included accessories to enable countless clamping, angle measurement and jig scenarios. Designed to take advantage of today's modern 20mm hole patterned worktops, the MTR-18 Set has all of the features and capability found in its cousin—the PTR-18—but adds the ability to be set to any angle with the included indexing pointer and brass locking pin. Once registered to a 20mm patterned worktop such as the Festool® MFT/3, the MTR-18 Set acts as a fast and extremely accurate angle register. Dial in a precise angle with its large protractor scale and included pointer with parallax-free viewport—and then lock it in place with included DoubleGroove™ Large Dogs and M8 SpeedKnobs™. With a long edge of more than 635mm (25"), the MTR-18 can even act as a permanent fence for the Festool MFT/3 or any 20mm patterned work surface that conforms to this popular standard.
- Guaranteed Accurate: Machined on high-precision CNC machining centers and made from thick precision aluminum tooling plate guaranteed square to within .001” over its 18” length as verified using an automated CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine).
- Removable Foot: Enables freestanding use or quick angle measurement off the edge of your table or workpiece. Includes ball-tip Allen wrench and stainless steel socket screws which can be conveniently stowed in tapped holes along the foot when not in use.
- Festool Compatible: Arched 20mm slot is perfectly positioned to align with the holes on your Festool MFT/3 table and accept included DoubleGroove™ Large Dogs—providing an accurate, repeatable, and adjustable means of rapidly aligning workpieces or ensuring the squareness of your Festool fence, guide rail and grid pattern.
- Repeatable Accuracy: Cardinal angles of 0, 15, 22.5, 30, and 45 degrees can be quickly set with included indexing pointer and M8 indexing pin.
- Flexible Foot Options: Included M6 index pins can be attached to one side of the triangle's face, forming a foot on just one side of the triangle. (See animation below.)
- Dual Dimensioned: Both Imperial or Metric measurement included (one on each side).
- Easy to Read: Extremely legible, large, laser-engraved marking.
- Includes Expanded Accessories in Handy Stowage Tin: Packed with a range of accessories for affixing, squaring and angle-finding—including two sets of DoubleGroove™ Dogs (standard fit and close fit varieties) for the perfect fit in any 20mm worktop.
- Accessory Mounting Holes: Tapped for M6 threads for connecting included Angle Accessory
- Made in the USA: Carefully manufactured in low volume and stocked in Minnesota.
- Warranty: Backed by our lifetime guarantee.
What's Included in the Box
- MTR-18 Precision Triangle Body
- MTR-18 Removable Foot
- Edge Locator Pins (2)
- Squaring/Connecting Pins (2)
- Socket Head Cap Screw, M4x0.7 (6)
- Socket Head Cap Screw, M6x10 (6)
- Brass Locking Pin
- Ergo Knob (Red Dot)
- Indexing Pointer
- DoubleGroove™ Large Dogs - Standard Fit (2)
- DoubleGroove™ Large Dogs - Close Fit (2)
- M8 SpeedKnobs™ (2)
- Clamping Angle (2)
- Allen Drivers (2)
- Stowage Tin
- For accompanying visuals of these parts, be sure to view the User Guide below
- User Guide for MTR-18 Set - Includes how to assemble your MTR-18 Set, a list of all items included with pictures, and common applications.
Additional Media & Applications
Quickly and accurately square your Festool MFT/3 guide rail to the holes in the 20mm worktop, using the MTR-18 and included DoubleGroove™ Dogs and Squaring/Connecting Pins.
You don't need a worktop with 20mm holes to get the most out of the MTR-18. With Dog Rail Clips (not included with the kit), the MTR-18 can be secured to your guide rail. Set an angle with the included indexing pointer. Then slide the MTR-18 triangle until the two DoubleGroove™ Dogs touch the front edge of your workpiece. Fast and accurate cuts at any angle. Just one example of the many creative ways to use this versatile piece of kit!
Once you've dialed in the perfect angle with the included indexing pointer, you can lock it down with the knurled brass pin or ergo knob.
Triangle Comparison Table
|PTR-18 Precision Basic Triangle||MTR-18 Precision System Triangle||MTR-18 Precision System Triangle Set||MTR-18 Master Accessory Kit|
|Includes…||Triangle, removable foot, mounting screws, hex allen wrench||Triangle, removable foot, mounting screws, hex allen wrench, edge locator pins, squaring/connecting pins||Triangle, removable foot, mounting screws, hex allen wrench, edge locator pins, squaring/connecting pins, pointer, locking pin, ergo knob, t-bolt, four DoubleGroove Dogs, two clamping angles, two allen drivers, stowage tin||Pointer, locking pin, ergo knob, t-bolt, four DoubleGroove Dogs, two SpeedKnobs, two clamping angles, two allen drivers, extra mounting hardware|
|Best for…||90 and 45 degree set-ups||90 and 45 degree set-ups, plus ability to add accessories in the future||Applications requiring fine, infinite angle adjustment and repeatability||Adding infinite angle adjustment to MTR-18, additional clamping options|
|Optional Accessories||DoubleGroove™ Dogs, SpeedKnobs™||MTR-18 Master Accessory Kit, DoubleGroove™ Dogs, SpeedKnobs™||N/A (it's all included)||N/A (it's all included)|
Got a suggestion to make this page even better? Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
TSO Products reserves the right to change specification of products without notice. Standard equipment and specifications may differ from country to country. Some products published here may not be sold in your country. Printed materials may not be current, so always check the TSO Products website for the most up-to-date product information.
FESTOOL is a Trademark of FESTOOL Tool Technic Tanos.
MTR-18™ TSO Products, LLC.
All Rights Reserved © 2018
Other DetailsLifetime Warranty from TSO Products!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Just awesome. I use always. This is my favorite tool.
Like all TSO Products, excellent workmanship, & well thought out. Used it to check my MFT for square, & to square up my Kreg bench top hold down tracks to 90 degrees. Dave Stanton on YouTube does a great presentation on how to get the full potential from the MTR-18 set. Would recommend to others, although the price might be a deal breaker. You only go around once, so buy the best! It pays off in the long run. Thanks TSO!
I love this product. Have been waiting for it to be in stock for some time. The few angle cuts I've made so far were great. Eric was very helpful and wonderful to deal with on my purchase. Thanks.