Introducing the MTR-18 Set
An 18" (457mm) precision system triangle designed to unlock the potential of your 20mm patterned worktop
Much more than a triangle, the MTR-18 Set is a first-of-its-kind tool combining the accuracy of a CNC machined precision triangle with included accessories to enable countless clamping, angle measurement and jig scenarios. Designed to take advantage of today's modern 20mm hole patterned worktops, the MTR-18 Set has all of the features and capability found in its cousin—the PTR-18—but adds the ability to be set to any angle with the included indexing pointer and brass locking pin. Once registered to a 20mm patterned worktop such as the Festool® MFT/3, the MTR-18 Set acts as a fast and extremely accurate angle register. Dial in a precise angle with its large protractor scale and included pointer with parallax-free viewport—and then lock it in place with included DoubleGroove™ Large Dogs and M8 SpeedKnobs™. With a long edge of more than 635mm (25"), the MTR-18 can even act as a permanent fence for the Festool MFT/3 or any 20mm patterned work surface that conforms to this popular standard.
- Guaranteed Accurate: Machined on high-precision CNC machining centers and made from thick precision aluminum tooling plate guaranteed square to within .001” over its 18” length as verified using an automated CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine).
- Removable Foot: Enables freestanding use or quick angle measurement off the edge of your table or workpiece. Includes ball-tip Allen wrench and stainless steel socket screws which can be conveniently stowed in tapped holes along the foot when not in use.
- Festool Compatible: Arched 20mm slot is perfectly positioned to align with the holes on your Festool MFT/3 table and accept included DoubleGroove™ Large Dogs—providing an accurate, repeatable, and adjustable means of rapidly aligning workpieces or ensuring the squareness of your Festool fence, guide rail and grid pattern.
- Repeatable Accuracy: Cardinal angles of 0, 15, 22.5, 30, and 45 degrees can be quickly set with included indexing pointer and M8 indexing pin.
- Flexible Foot Options: Included M6 index pins can be attached to one side of the triangle's face, forming a foot on just one side of the triangle. (See animation below.)
- Dual Dimensioned: Both Imperial or Metric measurement included (one on each side).
- Easy to Read: Extremely legible, large, laser-engraved marking.
- Includes Accessories: Includes everything you need to secure the MTR-18 to your Festool MFT/3 table, plus everything included in the MTR-18 Master Accessory Kit.
- Made in the USA: Carefully manufactured in low volume and stocked in Minnesota.
- Warranty: Backed by our lifetime guarantee.
What's Included in the Box
- MTR-18 Precision Triangle Body
- MTR-18 Removable Foot
- Edge Index Pins (2)
- Socket Head Cap Screw, M4x0.7 (6)
- Socket Head Cap Screw, M6x10 (6)
- Brass Locking Pin
- Indexing Pointer
- DoubleGroove™ Large Dogs (2)
- M8 SpeedKnobs™ (2)
- Clamping Angle (2)
- Allen Drivers (2)
- Stowage Tin
- For accopmanying visuals of these parts, be sure to view the User Guide below
- User Guide for MTR-18 Set - Includes how to assemble your MTR-18 Set, a list of all items included with pictures, and common applications.
Additional Media & Applications
Secure the MTR-18 to your 20mm worktop with the included accessories.
The double-sided foot can be quickly removed and replaced with threaded M6 Index Pins, which attach to just one side of the triangle.
The MTR-18 excels at traditional triangle duties as well, such as calibrating your miter gauge to a perfect 45 degrees from your tablesaw blade.
With its removable foot, quickly mark 45 or 90 degrees on your workpiece using the edge as reference.
Quickly square your guide rail to the MFT/3 worktop or fence.
Triangle Comparison Table
|PTR-18 Precision Basic Triangle||MTR-18 Precision System Triangle||MTR-18 Precision System Triangle Set||MTR-18 Master Accessory Kit|
|Includes…||Triangle, removeable foot, mounting screws, hex allen wrench||Triangle, removeable foot, mounting screws, hex allen wrench, edge locator pins||Triangle, removeable foot, mounting screws, hex allen wrench, edge locator pins, pointer, locking pin, t-bolt, two DoubleGroove Dogs, two SpeedKnobs, two clamping angles, two allen drivers||Pointer, locking pin, t-bolt, two DoubleGroove Dogs, two SpeedKnobs, two clamping angles, two allen drivers|
|Best for…||90 and 45 degree set-ups||90 and 45 degree set-ups, plus ability to add accessories in the future||Applications requiring fine, infinite angle adjustment and repeatability||Adding infinite angle adjustment to MTR-18, additional clamping options|
Special set savings!
|Optional Accessories||DoubleGroove™ Dogs, SpeedKnobs™||MTR-18 Master Accessory Kit, DoubleGroove™ Dogs, SpeedKnobs™||Nope, it's all included!||N/A|
Got a suggestion to make this page even better? Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
The TSO Products MTR-18 is Patent Pending.
Product specs and design are subject to change without notice as we continue to improve our products.
FESTOOL is a Trademark of FESTOOL Tool Technic Tanos.
MTR-18™ TSO Products, LLC.
All Rights Reserved © 2017