MTR-18 Precision System Triangle Set
The World's Most Versatile 18" (457mm) Precision Woodworking Triangle
Watch this video for a complete unboxing of the MTR-18, including the Accessory Kit housed in the Kaizen Foam Systainer insert.
A first-of-its-kind tool, the MTR-18 combines the accuracy of a CNC-machined precision triangle with a range of included accessories enabling countless linear and angle measurement, squaring and clamping/fixturing applications. Designed to take advantage of popular 20mm hole patterned worktops, the MTR-18 can be secured through the worktop with the included DoubleGroove Bench Dogs and M8 SpeedKnobs. Dial in a precise angle with the MTR-18's large protractor scale with parallax-free pointer—and then lock it in place. With a long edge of more than 635mm (25") and body thickness of over 6mm (1/4”), the MTR-18 can even act as a removeable fence for the Festool MFT/3 or any 20x96mm patterned work surface. When used in conjunction with an MFT/3 style 20mm worktop, the MTR-18 sets the standard for accuracy and speed of set-up.
- Supremely Accurate: Machined on high-precision CNC machining centers and made from dimensionally stable precision aluminum tooling plate guaranteed square to within .001" over its 18" length (as verified using automated CMM).
- Removable Foot: Enables freestanding use or quick angle measurement off the edge of your table or workpiece. Includes hex driver and stainless socket screws which can be conveniently stowed in tapped holes along the foot when not in use. With foot, the MTR-18 functions like a super-sized speed square to guide any circular saw on the job site.
- Festool Compatible: Arc slot is 20mm wide, perfectly positioned to align with the holes on your Festool MFT/3 table, and accept included DoubleGroove™ Large Dogs—providing an accurate, repeatable, and adjustable means of rapidly aligning workpieces or ensuring the squareness of your Festool fence, guide rail and grid pattern.
- Repeatable Accuracy: Cardinal angles of 0, 15, 22.5, 30, and 45 degrees can be quickly set with included indexing pointer and brass locking knob to create regular shaped polygons.
- Edge Locator Pins: The shorter pair of M6 index pins can be attached to one side of the triangle's face, acting as a foot while leaving the opposite face unobstructed for layout work.
- Connecting Pins: Accurately square the Festool MFT/3 guide rail to the fence, even when the rail is elevated. Can also be used to connect the triangle to a guide rail using UJK Dog Rail Clips (not included). See image depiction.
- Dual Dimensioned: Easy to read. Both Imperial or Metric measurement included (one on each side).
- Clamping Squares: Transform the MTR-18 into a large clamping square. Secure with clamps (not included) to square cabinet case during assembly/glue-up.
- Made in the USA: Manufactured in low volume and stocked in Minnesota.
- NEW! Custom Systainer Kaizen Foam Insert: Keep all of your MTR-18 accessories in one place with the included custom Kaizen Foam insert, fitting T-LOC and Systainer3 enclosures. Systainer not included, but we do offer our very own Systainer3 M 112 enclosure which will fit this insert.
Now Standard: Master Accessory Kit + Kaizen Foam Systainer Insert
Previously available as an additional option, the MTR-18 Master Accessory Kit is now included with every MTR-18 triangle. This comprehensive accessory package includes everything you need to secure the MTR-18 to your perforated worktop, dial in infinite and repeatable angles, and utilize the triangle as a jumbo clamping square. This kit includes a finely machined pointer with parallax-free viewport, a brass locking pin and ergo knob with t-bolt, four DoubleGroove™ Dogs (two DoubleGroove™ Standard Fit Large Dogs and two DoubleGroove™ Close Fit Large Dogs), two M8 SpeedKnobs™, two clamping angles, and two Allen drivers. To keep all these accessories together, we also include a custom Kaizen Foam Systainer insert to hold all components, plus a handy stowage tin to include the very small hardware as well.
6 Ways to Use the MTR-18: How many more will you dream up?
Setting Any Angle on a Large Workpiece
With a long and extremely accurate edge, the MTR-18 can be used to cut any angle in any size workpiece; the only limitation being your length of guide rail or cutting surface! Here, the MTR-18 is setting the angle and acting as the fence for a large custom closet cabinet casing before being cut with a track saw.
Connecting Triangle to Guide Rail—No 20mm Worktop Needed
The MTR-18 can be directly attached to your guide rail by way of UJK Dog Rail Clips. With the included bench dogs projecting beneath the indexing pointer, you can now reference off the front edge of your workpiece to cut at any angle, without requiring an MFT/3 or similar 20mm patterned worktop.
Marking Perfect 90s or 45s with the Removeable Foot or Edge Locator Pins
The MTR-18 excels at standard triangle duty, such as marking perfect angle or perpendicular lines on your workpiece. Use the removeable foot for this task, or attach the included Edge Locator Pins which form a line on the face of the triangle. The longer Edge Locator Pins can also help you align the triangle against curved edges of your workpiece.
Squaring Cabinet Casing for Assembly or Glue-Up
Install the included clamping angles on the MTR-18 and use two clamps (not included) to square cabinet casings for dry fitting or glue-up.
Square MFT/3 Guide Rail to Fence
The single most important angle to calibrate in a Festool MFT/3, ensuring the guide rail sits at a perfect 90 degrees to the back fence, takes mere seconds with the MTR-18. And with the included pins, you can even check for squareness while the guide rail is in its elevated position.
Squaring Guide Rail to 20mm Hole Pattern
With the included DoubleGroove bench dogs, it's easy to establish squareness between your 20mm worktop and guide rail.
What's Included in the Box
- Custom Kaizen Foam Systainer Insert for MTR-18 Accessories
- MTR-18 Precision Triangle Body
- MTR-18 Removable Foot
- M6 Short Pins for Edge Indexing (2)
- M6 Long Pins for Squaring/Connecting (2)
- Pointer with Parallax-Free Viewport
- Brass Locking Pin, Ergo Knob & T-Bolt
- DoubleGroove Large Dogs - Standard Fit (2)
- DoubleGroove Large Dogs - Close Fit (2)
- M8 SpeedKnobs (2)
- Clamping Angles (2)
- M4 Socket Head Cap Screws (12)
- M6 Socket Head Cap Screws (6)
- 3mm Hex Driver
- 5mm Hex Driver
- Storage Tin for Above Small Parts
Got a suggestion to make this page even better? Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
Other DetailsTSO brand products are guaranteed for five years from date of sale against defects in materials or workmanship. Normal wear and tear and accidental damage are not covered. For any product determined to have a defect covered by this warranty, TSO Products will repair or, at its option, replace with current comparable product. Warranty requests require an RMA (return authorization number) prior to any return. Request an RMA number by contacting TSO Customer Service (email@example.com).
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
TSO Products MTR-18 Precision Triangle - Product Overview
Much more than a triangle, the MTR-18 Kit is a first-of-its-ki...
TSO MTR-18 TRIANGLE for use on Festool MFT-3 and Stanton Bench | DAVE STANTON wood shop
Create accurate angles on sheet goods on Festool mft-3 or the ...
Easy Angle Cuts with MTR-18 Precision System Triangle
More than just a triangle, the MTR-18 is a one-of-a-kind tool ...
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very accurate. Worth every penny.
I was apprehensive about this purchase due to the price, but decided to give it a chance. If you own a Festool Mft or a sawstop saw with their cross cut table/ slider this tool is a absolute must have. The miter gauge and fence for the sawstop crosscut table are constantly on and off the saw and it was a pain to reset to square. I can now do it in under a couple of minutes with a set of feeler gauges and this square. I also have discovered that some of my very expensive red squares from another company are not square, I trust the TSO square more than any square I own. If you can get past the price you will not be disappointed with this product, it has changed life in my shop.
Just awesome. I use always. This is my favorite tool.
Like all TSO Products, excellent workmanship, & well thought out. Used it to check my MFT for square, & to square up my Kreg bench top hold down tracks to 90 degrees. Dave Stanton on YouTube does a great presentation on how to get the full potential from the MTR-18 set. Would recommend to others, although the price might be a deal breaker. You only go around once, so buy the best! It pays off in the long run. Thanks TSO!
I love this product. Have been waiting for it to be in stock for some time. The few angle cuts I've made so far were great. Eric was very helpful and wonderful to deal with on my purchase. Thanks.
We are continually striving to improve our products based on customer input. While we make every attempt to keep our product pages up-to-date, know that the product you receive may reflect recent improvements and therefore differ slightly from the product depicted. We reserve the right to change specification of products without notice.