GRS-16: The Original Guide Rail Square
Patented precision guide rail square for FESTOOL®, MAKITA® & TRITON® track saw guide rails
Introducing the newest version of the best-selling guide rail square on the market: the GRS-16. Incorporating a number of user-driven enhancements, the GRS-16 is still the fastest, easiest and most accurate way to square cuts with your FESTOOL, MAKITA and TRITON track saw guide rails.
Featuring New Enhancements
Thanks to feedback from the TSO user community, the GRS-16 now embodies a number of requested features and refinements:
- Lighter than its predecessor despite being CNC machined from 25% thicker aluminum, with a mating vertical edge that now perfectly matches the height of your guide rail extrusion for maximum support and engagement
- Latch hook now features a resilient coating to grasp and protect the edge of your guide rail
- Reshaped T feature lead-in makes it even easier to install onto your guide rail
- Accessory mounting holes tapped for M6 threads—enables connection to the TSO Parallel Guide System and Angle Accessory
- Adjustments to key tolerances to better accommodate production variances observed in guide rail manufacturing
- Available Dual FoamPac Systainer Insert fits both the GRS-16 and GRS-16 PE in a single Systainer3 M 112 and previous-generation T-LOC Systainers (check out our limited edition TSO Systainer3 M 112)
- Fasteners used on all TSO brand tools are now metric for worldwide availability
- New, fully recyclable all-corrugated white packaging
See How It Works
Simple, Automatic Accuracy
Before the GRS-16, accessories for squaring up your track saw guide rail relied on the loose-tolerance T-slot found on just about every guide rail. To overcome this inherent inaccuracy, you had to rely on a separate reference square, plus a combination of loose parts like T-bars, hex bolts, knobs or wingnuts. No longer! The patented GRS-16 is completely self-contained and self-aligning, thanks to an innovative, high strength integral draw latch mechanism. Simply slide the GRS-16 onto your guide rail, lock the draw latch, and you're done. Five seconds to square.
Accurate cuts with your track saw often require using a screw or quick clamp. For this reason, we've designed notches in both reference edges of the GRS-16 to accommodate popular clamps like the Festool Screw Clamp or Quick Clamp.
Built for a Lifetime of Service (or Longer)
The GRS-16 is precision CNC machined from a single piece of 5/8" (15 mm) thick 6061-T6 aluminum and then anodized for a non-marring, high durability finish. The high-strength draw latch is built from stainless steel—to resist rust and pitting over time. Despite its high clamping strength, a comfort coating on the latch handle makes it easy to generate the leverage necessary to engage, release or reposition the square along your length of track. The GRS-16 is made in the United States, and comes with our five-year warranty.
So Which Tool is Right for You?
If you want the absolute smallest and lightest form factor and anticipate using the square for conventional cuts referencing the front edge of your workpiece, choose the GRS-16 (the product you see on this page). If you need the ability to reference off the front and back edge of your workpiece, select the GRS-16 PE. Can't decide? Save by ordering both at once:
- Allows you to square both ends of longer rails for greatest accuracy
- Keep one in the truck and one in the shop
- Special savings when purchased together as a bundle (see offer at the top of this page)
A System Approach
The GRS-16 is much more than a guide rail square; in fact, it's the foundation of a broader system of TSO Products designed for interoperability. Case in point: the TSO Parallel Guide System utilizes the M6 accessory mounting holes on the GRS-16 for attachment. Once connected, you can repeatedly square and rip multiple workpieces in a single operation.
- Dimensions: 15.2 x 6.0 x 1.4 inches (385 x 152 x 36 mm) - click here for dimension drawing
- Weight: 1.7 lbs (772 g)
- Material: 6061-T6 aluminum, anodized, 5/8 in (15 mm) thick
- Compatible Guide Rails (Both): FESTOOL, MAKITA and TRITON (not compatible with FESTOOL HK 55 Carpentry Saws including the FSK 250, FSK 420 and FSK 670; not compatible with BOSCH or DEWALT tracks)
- Clamping Mechanism: Over center draw latch (304 stainless steel) with compensating spring; secured with M4x0.7-10 stainless steel socket head screws
- Accessory Mounting Holes: Tapped for M6 threads for compatibility with TSO Parallel Guide System and Angle Accessory
Download the GRS-16 series User Guide
Access the User Guide PDF on our Support page.
Quick video walkthrough of the original GRS-16.
Special thanks to Eric at The Poplar Shop for his unexpected video review of the original GRS-16!
Guide Rail Square Comparison Table
Guide Rail Square
Guide Rail Square
|Best for…||Squaring your guide rail by referencing off the front edge of your workpiece||Squaring your guide rail by referencing off either the front or back edge of your workpiece|
|Optional Add-ons||TSO Parallel Guide System
TSO Limited Edition Systainer with GRS-16 Foam Inserts
FoamPack Storage Insert for SYS-1 T-LOC Systainer
Got an idea to make this page even better? Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
Other DetailsTSO brand products are guaranteed for five years from date of sale against defects in materials or workmanship. Normal wear and tear and accidental damage are not covered. For any product determined to have a defect covered by this warranty, TSO Products will repair or, at its option, replace with current comparable product. Warranty requests require an RMA (return authorization number) prior to any return. Request an RMA number by contacting TSO Customer Service (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
TSO Products GRS-16 Guide Rail Square. Quick review.
TSO Products sent me the GRS-16 guide rail square and asked me...
New Release: GRS-16 Track Square
Damion Fauser, furniture designer/maker and Wood Review author...
GRS-16 Track Saw Guide Rail Square Review
Looking for a quick and accurate way to make square cuts with ...
One month review of my TSO Products GRS-16
I found thus company on the internet while searching for other...
Testing the TSO GRS-16 PE Square with the FESTOOL FS1400 Guide Rail
The friendly people at TSO send me their TSO GRS-16 PE. I cut...
An accessory tool for track saws that gives you perfect 90 deg...
Track Saw Guide Rail Square - Presenting the GRS-16
In just seconds, transform your Festool®, Makita® or Triton® b...
163 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Works great! Wish I would of waited to get the sustainer with it. Attaches nicely and doesn't budge once locked in place.
Excellent product that does what it promises, easy to use and is has dummy proof connection for a square fit every time...love it...
The guide rail square came packaged well. I used it on a project that I had to cut down a few sheets of plywood for cabinets and a table top. This worked very well and made the rail perfectly square. It’s worth the money and I’m glad I purchased it.
Outstanding product. Such fine workmanship. Whilst not cheap, this in a truly beautifully made and accurate rail square. I am able to rapidly size boards with confidence that they are truly square. The cost therefore becomes negligible compared to the huge productivity gains.
Great addition to my rail. It does what it supposed to do. My only complaint is that I have to insert the rail clamp onto the rail before I attach the GRS-16. It's a little cumbersome.
Real quality construction and easy to attach and use
I bought the GR6-16 and its companion square in addition to the parallel guide rail system. I'm impressed with the simplicity and precision of the manufactured parts. It's a great addition to my MFT accessories. My parallel guides are back ordered, but I'm hoping they will be delivered soon.
easy to use works very well