GRS-16: The Original Guide Rail Square
Patented precision guide rail square for FESTOOL®, MAKITA® & TRITON® track saw guide rails
Introducing the newest version of the best-selling guide rail square on the market: the GRS-16. Incorporating a number of user-driven enhancements, the GRS-16 is still the fastest, easiest and most accurate way to square cuts with your FESTOOL, MAKITA and TRITON track saw guide rails.
Featuring New Enhancements
Thanks to feedback from the TSO user community, the GRS-16 now embodies a number of requested features and refinements:
- Lighter than its predecessor despite being CNC machined from 25% thicker aluminum, with a mating vertical edge that now perfectly matches the height of your guide rail extrusion for maximum support and engagement
- Latch hook now features a resilient coating to grasp and protect the edge of your guide rail
- Reshaped T feature lead-in makes it even easier to install onto your guide rail
- Accessory mounting holes tapped for M6 threads—enables connection to the TSO Parallel Guide System and Angle Accessory
- Adjustments to key tolerances to better accommodate production variances observed in guide rail manufacturing
- Available Dual FoamPac Systainer Insert fits both the GRS-16 and GRS-16 PE in a single SYS1 T-LOC Systainer (check out our limited edition TSO Blue Systainer)
- Fasteners used on all TSO brand tools are now metric for worldwide availability
- New, fully recyclable all-corrugated white packaging
See How It Works
Simple, Automatic Accuracy
Before the GRS-16, accessories for squaring up your track saw guide rail relied on the loose-tolerance T-slot found on just about every guide rail. To overcome this inherent inaccuracy, you had to rely on a separate reference square, plus a combination of loose parts like T-bars, hex bolts, knobs or wingnuts. No longer! The patented GRS-16 is completely self-contained and self-aligning, thanks to an innovative, high strength integral draw latch mechanism. Simply slide the GRS-16 onto your guide rail, lock the draw latch, and you're done. Five seconds to square.
Accurate cuts with your track saw often require using a screw or quick clamp. For this reason, we've designed notches in both reference edges of the GRS-16 to accommodate popular clamps like the Festool Screw Clamp or Quick Clamp.
Built for a Lifetime of Service (or Longer)
The GRS-16 is precision CNC machined from a single piece of 5/8" (15 mm) thick 6061-T6 aluminum and then anodized for a non-marring, high durability finish. The high-strength draw latch is built from stainless steel—to resist rust and pitting over time. Despite its high clamping strength, a comfort coating on the latch handle makes it easy to generate the leverage necessary to engage, release or reposition the square along your length of track. The GRS-16 is made in the United States, and comes with our lifetime warranty.
So Which Tool is Right for You?
If you want the absolute smallest and lightest form factor and anticipate using the square for conventional cuts referencing the front edge of your workpiece, choose the GRS-16 (the product you see on this page). If you need the ability to reference off the front and back edge of your workpiece, select the GRS-16 PE. Can't decide? Check out the Combination Set for the best of both worlds:
- Allows you to square both ends of longer rails for greatest accuracy
- Keep one in the truck and one in the shop
- Special savings when purchased together as a Combination Set
A System Approach
The GRS-16 is much more than a guide rail square; in fact, it's the foundation of a broader system of TSO Products designed for interoperability. Case in point: the TSO Parallel Guide System utilizes the M6 accessory mounting holes on the GRS-16 for attachment. Once connected, you can repeatedly square and rip multiple workpieces in a single operation.
- Dimensions: 15.2 x 6.0 x 1.4 inches (385 x 152 x 36 mm) - click here for dimension drawing
- Weight: 1.7 lbs (772 g)
- Material: 6061-T6 aluminum, anodized, 5/8 in (15 mm) thick
- Compatible Guide Rails (Both): FESTOOL, MAKITA and TRITON (not compatible with FESTOOL HK 55 Carpentry Saws including the FSK 250, FSK 420 and FSK 670; not compatible with BOSCH or DEWALT tracks)
- Clamping Mechanism: Over center draw latch (304 stainless steel) with compensating spring; secured with M4x0.7-10 stainless steel socket head screws
- Accessory Mounting Holes: Tapped for M6 threads for compatibility with TSO Parallel Guide System and Angle Accessory
Download the GRS-16 series User Guide
Access the User Guide PDF on our Support page.
Quick video walkthrough of the original GRS-16.
Special thanks to Eric at The Poplar Shop for his unexpected video review of the original GRS-16!
Guide Rail Square Comparison Table
Guide Rail Square
Guide Rail Square
|GRS-16 & GRS-16 PE
|Best for…||Squaring your guide rail by referencing off the front edge of your workpiece||Squaring your guide rail by referencing off either the front or back edge of your workpiece||Squaring your guide rail by referencing both the front and back edge of your workpiece at the same time; ideal for longer guide rails|
|Optional Add-ons||TSO Parallel Guide System
TSO Limited Edition Systainer with GRS-16 Foam Inserts
FoamPack Storage Insert for SYS-1 T-LOC Systainer
Got an idea to make this page even better? Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
At TSO Products, we are continually striving to improve our products based on customer input. While we make every attempt to keep our product pages up to date, know that the product you receive could reflect recent improvements and therefore differ slightly from the product depicted. We reserve the right to change specification of products without notice. Standard equipment and specifications may differ from country to country.
Other DetailsWe stand by the GRS-16 with a lifetime warranty!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
TSO Products GRS-16 Guide Rail Square. Quick review.
TSO Products sent me the GRS-16 guide rail square and asked me...
New Release: GRS-16 Track Square
Damion Fauser, furniture designer/maker and Wood Review author...
GRS-16 Track Saw Guide Rail Square Review
Looking for a quick and accurate way to make square cuts with ...
One month review of my TSO Products GRS-16
I found thus company on the internet while searching for other...
Testing the TSO GRS-16 PE Square with the FESTOOL FS1400 Guide Rail
The friendly people at TSO send me their TSO GRS-16 PE. I cut...
An accessory tool for track saws that gives you perfect 90 deg...
Track Saw Guide Rail Square - Presenting the GRS-16
In just seconds, transform your Festool®, Makita® or Triton® b...
138 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Simple to use, accurate and superb build quality..
The GRS-16 is an amazingly accurate and easy to use tool, that is beautifully made. Attaches solidly to my guide rails and is easy to snug up to my workpiece. Don’t even have to scribe a full line anymore, just one simple mark and cut! Square every time. Can’t wait to add the parallel guide!
Expensive but quality and design makes the Guide Rail a must for a track saw.
High quality track square that produces perfectly square cuts, quality machining... what more can you ask for
Full disclosure, I work for a Festool dealer and have significant experience with their tools. The GRS-16 and GRS-16 PE both serve a single function of allowing the user to make dead square cuts. I was extremely skeptical (by nature) of the squares until I began to use them. The first test was to cut off the factory edge on one side of a half sheet of plywood. Then using the square for the three subsequent cuts and measuring the diagonals produced a dead square result. Since that first test, every subsequent test at every scale has had identical results. The tool itself is easy to use and incorporates the capability of including a clamp between the square and the work for securing it square. This is, in a sense, a special purpose tool, but it performs its desired function superbly. Installing it on a guide rail takes literally a few seconds. Oh, yeah, and it's beautiful too.
Highly refined product, from the quality of machining, to the anodizing, to the custom stainless latch... this is the ultimate guide rail square!
I used this on all my festool tracks. Perfectly square every time. I can cut a straight line off a sheet a plywood and reference off that and know my cuts are square. Worth every penny.