Drops Right Into Place; No Fasteners Needed
Click here to see Hans demonstrate the Drop-On TPG Adapter, one-time adjustment, and how it compares to the Slide-On TPG Adapter.
The Drop-On TPG Adapter performs the same function as our Slide-On TPG Adapter, but adds a quick, tool-free, "drop-on" attachment method.
Drop-On TPG Adapters represent an economical and reliable means to connect TPG System T-tracks to your Festool or Kreg guide rail. Compatible with all TPG T-tracks, the Drop-On TPG Adapter connects using the M6 Comfort Grip Star Knobs and CNC-Machined Centering Spacers included with each TPG-20, TPG-30 and TPG-30/50 Set. This adapter will not interfere with track saw plunge cuts, and can be easily moved along the guide rail once properly configured.
When placed on your guide rail, the Drop-On TPG Adapter can be fine-tuned by adjusting the two "zero clearance adjustment" screws to eliminate unwanted play; this procedure only has to be performed during first use. When a more permanent attachment is desired, the Drop-On TPG Adapter can be secured to your guide rail with the included torpedo nut and top-mounted M5 flathead screws, just like the Slide-On TPG Adapter. All adjustments can be made with a 3mm Ball Hex Driver (included in the TPG-20, TPG-30 and TPG-30/50 Sets).
The TPG System can utilize TPG Adapters and/or GRS-16 Guide Rail Squares for connecting T-tracks to guide rails. While the GRS-16 is more expensive, you may want to consider at least one GRS-16 in your TPG kit because it enables the patent-pending ability to square and parallel in a single cut, using just one T-track.
Note: Previous versions of our TPG Adapters included Comfort Grip Knobs and Centering Spacers, along with a 3mm Ball-Hex Driver. These accessories are now included in the TPG-20, TPG-30 and TPG-30/50 Sets, and no longer included with each TPG Adapter. The Knob Set with Centering Spacers can still be purchased as a standalone accessory.
Drop-On TPG Adapter - Initial Setup for Quick Use
- Remove nutplate. Uninstall the nutplate by removing the two flathead screws at the top of the Drop-On TPG Adapter body, and set aside.
- Drop it in. Place the Drop-On TPG Adapter anywhere along the guide rail T-slot (in lieu of sliding it in).
- Adjust zero clearance screws. With the Drop-On TPG Adapter head dropped over the guide rail T-slot, use a 3mm Hex Driver (included in the TPG-20, TPG-30 and TPG-30/50 Sets) to turn the two "zero clearance adjustment" screws clockwise until they lightly touch the guide rail.
- Fine tuning. Carefully back off the adjustment screws just enough that you can lift and replace the Drop-On TPG Adapter, but not so much that you have play between the adapter and guide rail. You should not have to repeat this adjustment procedure for subsequent use on Festool guide rails of the same profile; the adjustment screws feature thread locking compound to prevent unintended movement over time under normal use.
What's Included in the Box
- 1 qty. Drop-On TPG Adapter
Warranty & Returns
The TPG adapter (drop-on) is a great addition to the TPG Parallel guide system..
Very nicely made. I like how you can use it for drop on or use the track to secure it to the guide rail.
Came fast. Snapped them on the rail guide. On and off easily. But still snug.
Once adjusted using the included grubs screws, the adapter fits precisely on the Festool guide rails. Very easy to take on and off.
I have no complaints about the quality of the product. It works well and does what it says on the tin. But if you bought the parallel guides, which are already quite expensive, now you have to buy two of these at $60 each. $60 for one small piece of aluminum. I could see it being $20, but this is extortion.