GRS-16 & GRS-16 PE Combo Set
Patented precision guide rail square for FESTOOL®, MAKITA® & TRITON® track saw guide rails
Enjoy special savings when you purchase both the GRS-16 and GRS-16 PE as a combination set. The GRS-16 and GRS-16 PE are designed to make it much faster to achieve dead square cuts with your FESTOOL, MAKITA or TRITON track saw. Keep one in the truck and one in the shop, or use both guide rails at the same time to square either ends of longer guide rails.
The Original (& Patented) Guide Rail Squares
Thanks to feedback from the TSO user community, these latest squares embody a number of requested features and refinements:
- Lighter than its predecessor despite being CNC machined from 25% thicker aluminum, with a mating vertical edge that now perfectly matches the height of your guide rail extrusion for maximum support and engagement
- Both squares now fit in a single Systainer—see our new Dual FoamPac Systainer Insert and limited edition TSO Blue Systainer
- Latch hook now features a resilient coating to grasp and protect the edge of your guide rail
- Reshaped T feature lead-in makes it even easier to install onto your guide rail
- Accessory mounting holes tapped for M6 threads—enables connection to the TSO Parallel Guide System and Angle Accessory
- Adjustments to key tolerances to better accommodate production variances observed in guide rail manufacturing
- Fasteners used on all TSO brand tools are now metric for worldwide availability
- New, fully recyclable all-corrugated white packaging
Simple, Automatic Accuracy
Before the GRS-16 family, accessories for squaring up your track saw guide rail relied on the loose-tolerance T-slot found on just about every guide rail. To overcome this inherent inaccuracy, you had to rely on a separate reference square, plus a combination of loose parts like T-bars, hex bolts, knobs or wingnuts. No longer! The patented GRS-16 and GRS-16 PE are completely self-contained and self-aligning, thanks to an innovative, high strength integral draw latch mechanism. Simply slide the square onto your guide rail, lock the draw latch, and you're done. Five seconds to square.
Accurate cuts with your track saw often require using a screw or quick clamp. For this reason, we've designed notches in both reference edges of the GRS-16 PE to accommodate popular clamps like the Festool Screw Clamp or Quick Clamp.
Built for a Lifetime of Service (or Longer)
The GRS-16 and GRS-16 PE are precision CNC machined from a single piece of 6061-T6 aluminum and then anodized for a non-marring, high durability finish. The high-strength draw latch is built from stainless steel—to resist rust and pitting over time. Despite its high clamping strength, a comfort coating on the latch handle makes it easy to generate the leverage necessary to engage, release or reposition the square along your length of track. Both the GRS-16 and GRS-16 PE are made in the United States, and come with our lifetime warranty.
A System Approach
The GRS-16 and GRS-16 PE are much more than guide rail squares; in fact, they form the foundation of a broader system of TSO Products designed for interoperability. Case in point: the TSO Parallel Guide System utilizes the M6 accessory mounting holes on the GRS-16 and GRS-16 PE for attachment. Once connected, you can repeatedly square and rip multiple workpieces in a single operation.
The Best of Both Worlds
When you need the absolute smallest and lightest form factor and anticipate using the square for conventional cuts referencing the front edge of your workpiece, choose the GRS-16. When you need the ability to reference off the front and back edge of your workpiece, select the GRS-16 PE. Or, choose the Combination Set for the best of both worlds:
- Allows you to square both ends of longer rails for greatest accuracy
- Keep one in the truck and one in the shop
- Special savings when purchased together as a Combination Set
- Dimensions (Both): 15.2 x 6.0 x 1.4 inches (385 x 152 x 36 mm) - see drawings for GRS-16 and GRS-16 PE
- Weight (GRS-16): 1.7 lbs (772 g)
- Weight (GRS-16 PE): 1.9 lbs (862 g)
- Material (Both): 6061-T6 aluminum, anodized, 5/8 in (15 mm) thick
- Compatible Guide Rails (Both): FESTOOL, MAKITA and TRITON (not compatible with FESTOOL HK 55 Carpentry Saws including the FSK 250, FSK 420 and FSK 670; not compatible with BOSCH or DEWALT tracks)
- Clamping Mechanism (Both): Over center draw latch (304 stainless steel) with compensating spring; secured with M4x0.7-10 stainless steel socket head screws
- Accessory Mounting Holes: Tapped for M6 threads for compatibility with TSO Parallel Guide System and Angle Accessory
Introductory video of the GRS-16.
Introductory video of the GRS-16 PE.
Quick video walkthrough of the original GRS-16 PE.
Special thanks to Eric at The Poplar Shop for his unexpected video review of the original GRS-16!
Guide Rail Square Comparison Table
Guide Rail Square
Guide Rail Square
|GRS-16 & GRS-16 PE
|Best for…||Squaring your guide rail by referencing off the front edge of your workpiece||Squaring your guide rail by referencing off either the front or back edge of your workpiece||Squaring your guide rail by referencing both the front and back edge of your workpiece at the same time; ideal for longer guide rails|
|Optional Accessories||TSO Parallel Guide System
TSO Limited Edition Systainer with GRS-16 Foam Inserts
FoamPack Storage Insert for SYS-1 T-LOC Systainer
Got a suggestion to make this page even better? Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
Other DetailsWe stand by the GRS-16 with a lifetime warranty!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
TSO Products GRS-16 Guide Rail Square. Quick review.
TSO Products sent me the GRS-16 guide rail square and asked me...
New Release: GRS-16 Track Square
Damion Fauser, furniture designer/maker and Wood Review author...
GRS-16 Track Saw Guide Rail Square Review
Looking for a quick and accurate way to make square cuts with ...
One month review of my TSO Products GRS-16
I found thus company on the internet while searching for other...
Testing the TSO GRS-16 PE Square with the FESTOOL FS1400 Guide Rail
The friendly people at TSO send me their TSO GRS-16 PE. I cut...
An accessory tool for track saws that gives you perfect 90 deg...
Track Saw Guide Rail Square - Presenting the GRS-16
In just seconds, transform your Festool®, Makita® or Triton® b...
Track Saw Guide Rail Square - Presenting the GRS-16 PE
In just seconds, transform your Festool, Makita or Triton bran...
28 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
These are very good and accurate.
integrated well with my Makita Track Saw
The TSO rail squares and parallel guides are in my opinion the only way to get square cuts quickly and consistently. Extremely well built and beautifully anodized, I highly recommend their products!
The only downfall is cost, I bought them on promotion as a package with a 10% discount but every time I tried they weren't available as package but were still on promotion. Very Frustrating
I used the parallel guides to cut several hundred plywood strips to 6 3/4”. They all were perfect. The square makes a square cut but found I needed to to drop my guide rail down with the grs tight against my work piece, the foam strips on the bottom of my festool guide rail won’t allow the final movement of fine tuning on the opposite end. Not a problem once I realized it.
Producto increíblemente preciso, muy bien construido de una sola pieza, 100% recomendable
I wish I had bought these guide rail squares when they came out - this is super easy to use and dead-on accurate. I used it recently to size a plastic panel that was less than 2-3 mm thick. Had perfect results. Cannot wait to try the parallel guides with this set-up. TSO has a winning product and I highly recommend this combination set for anyone using a track saw or rail-guided router.
I purchased this for cutting cross cuts on boards too wide for my table saw. I have tried the other "competitor" products and TSO by far gives me the most confidence. It is the least fiddly among them all, and helps you produce the most accurate 90º. I think the price is a bit steep esp. considering how it doesn't even come with a case, but we all hang these on the wall don't we? A side note: the reCAPTCHA system that asks you to identify images goes forever. I've just spent 10 minutes on and it's still going on. :(
I consider myself to be one of the luckier people today that have had an opportunity to try out and use the Guide Rail Set. Don’t know how I went so long before purchasing. They are just as easy to use in real life as it shows in the videos. Makes me want to use them more they are so easy. Thank You for inventing them.