Introducing the Newest GRS-16
Precision guide rail square for FESTOOL®, MAKITA® & TRITON® track saw guide rails
Introducing the newest version of the best-selling guide rail square on the market: the GRS-16. Incorporating a number of user-driven enhancements, the GRS-16 is still the fastest, easiest and most accurate way to square cuts with your FESTOOL, MAKITA and TRITON track saw guide rails.
The Original Guide Rail Square, Refined
Thanks to feedback from the TSO user community, the GRS-16 now embodies a number of requested features and refinements:
- Lighter than its predecessor despite being CNC machined from 25% thicker aluminum, with a mating vertical edge that now perfectly matches the height of your guide rail extrusion for maximum support and engagement
- Latch hook now features a resilient coating to grasp and protect the edge of your guide rail
- Reshaped T feature lead-in makes it even easier to install onto your guide rail
- Additional accessory mounting provisions included—see our new Angle Accessory and stay tuned for some exciting new products building off the GRS-16 platform
- Adjustments to key tolerances to better accommodate production variances observed in guide rail manufacturing
- Available Dual FoamPac Systainer Insert fits both the GRS-16 and GRS-16 PE in a single SYS1 T-LOC Systainer
- Fasteners used on all TSO brand tools are now metric for worldwide availability
- New, fully recyclable all-corrugated white packaging
See How It Works
Simple, Automatic Accuracy
Before the GRS-16, accessories for squaring up your track saw guide rail relied on the loose-tolerance T-slot found on just about every guide rail. To overcome this inherent inaccuracy, you had to rely on a separate reference square, plus a combination of loose parts like T-bars, hex bolts, knobs or wingnuts. No longer! The patent-pending GRS-16 is completely self-contained and self-aligning, thanks to an innovative, high strength integral draw latch mechanism. Simply slide the GRS-16 onto your guide rail, lock the draw latch, and you're done. Five seconds to square.
Accurate cuts with your track saw often require using a screw or quick clamp. For this reason, we've designed notches in both reference edges of the GRS-16 to accommodate popular clamps like the Festool Screw Clamp or Quick Clamp.
Download the GRS-16 series User Guide
Get a PDF by clicking here.
Built for a Lifetime of Service (or Longer)
The GRS-16 is precision CNC machined from a single piece of 5/8" (15 mm) thick 6061-T6 aluminum and then anodized for a non-marring, high durability finish. The high-strength draw latch is built from stainless steel—to resist rust and pitting over time—and features a resilient, grippy, non-marring coating on the latch hook. Despite its high clamping strength, a comfort coating on the latch handle makes it easy to generate the leverage necessary to engage, release or reposition the square along your length of track. The GRS-16 is made in the United States, and comes with our lifetime warranty.
So Which Tool is Right for You?
If you want the absolute smallest and lightest form factor and anticipate using the square for conventional cuts referencing the front edge of your workpiece, choose the GRS-16 (the product you see on this page). If you need the ability to reference off the front and back edge of your workpiece, select the GRS-16 PE. Can't decide? Check out the Combination Set for the best of both worlds:
- Allows you to square both ends of longer rails for greatest accuracy
- Keep one in the truck and one in the shop
- Special savings when purchased together as a Combination Set
- Dimensions: 15.2 x 6.0 x 1.4 inches (385 x 152 x 36 mm)
- Weight: 1.7 lbs (772 g)
- Material: 6061-T6 aluminum, anodized, 5/8 in (15 mm) thick
- Compatible Guide Rails (Both): FESTOOL, MAKITA and TRITON (not compatible with FESTOOL HK 55 Carpentry Saws including the FSK 250, FSK 420 and FSK 670; not compatible with BOSCH or DEWALT tracks)
- Clamping Mechanism: Over center draw latch (304 stainless steel) with compensating spring; secured with M4x0.7-10 stainless steel socket head screws
Quick video walkthrough of the original GRS-16.
Special thanks to Eric at The Poplar Shop for his unexpected video review of the original GRS-16!
Guide Rail Square Comparison Table
Guide Rail Square
Guide Rail Square
|GRS-16 & GRS-16 PE
|Best for…||Squaring your guide rail by referencing off the front edge of your workpiece||Squaring your guide rail by referencing off either the front or back edge of your workpiece||Squaring your guide rail by referencing both the front and back edge of your workpiece at the same time; ideal for longer guide rails|
|Optional Accessories||FoamPack Storage Insert for SYS-1 T-LOC Systainer
|FoamPack Storage Insert for SYS-1 T-LOC Systainer
|FoamPack Storage Insert for SYS-1 T-LOC Systainer
Got an idea to make this page even better? Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
The TSO Products GRS-16 is Patent Pending.
TSO Products reserves the right to change specification of products without notice. Standard equipment and specifications may differ from country to country. Some products published here may not be sold in your country. Printed materials may not be current, so always check the TSO Products website for the most up-to-date product information.
FESTOOL is a Trademark of FESTOOL Tool Technic Tanos.
GRS-16™ TSO Products, LLC.
All Rights Reserved © 2018
Other DetailsWe stand by the GRS-16 with a lifetime warranty!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
TSO Products GRS-16 Guide Rail Square. Quick review.
TSO Products sent me the GRS-16 guide rail square and asked me...
New Release: GRS-16 Track Square
Damion Fauser, furniture designer/maker and Wood Review author...
GRS-16 Track Saw Guide Rail Square Review
Looking for a quick and accurate way to make square cuts with ...
One month review of my TSO Products GRS-16
I found thus company on the internet while searching for other...
Testing the TSO GRS-16 PE Square with the FESTOOL FS1400 Guide Rail
The friendly people at TSO send me their TSO GRS-16 PE. I cut...
An accessory tool for track saws that gives you perfect 90 deg...
Track Saw Guide Rail Square - Presenting the GRS-16
In just seconds, transform your Festool®, Makita® or Triton® b...
114 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
GRS-16 is a great upgrade to my Festool track saw. It keeps the guide rail square and the cuts look very good. I am now more confident in my ability to make cuts. Keep up the good work.
Still learning this product to square it on long cuts. Would recommend placing a tab on the end to hold it level on the wood. Looking forward to the parallel attachment coming out maybe that will help balance it also can use the screw holes to screw in a washer to hold it level. Great product! Thanks.
Works great on my Makita track and dead on square, I cut a 55" track down some and it works great for smaller cuts.
Got this just over a week ago and couldn't wait to try it out and like they say great things come to those who wait I was amazed how well this item performed better than I could have imagined. Would recommend this to anyone who has a track saw.
Keep up the great work!
Great 90 and more time thinking about what’s next. The only downside is expensive for someone who’s not using it everyday.
This square far exceeded my expectations. After taking it out of the box and throwing into my guide rail I made four test cuts and it was PERFECTLY square to the 32nd of an inch. Very impressed and happy with this square! Must have!
great tool was waiting for this to come on the market