TDS-13 Low Profile Dog Stops
A versatile addition to your 20mm hole patterened worktop
Watch this video for a glimpse into some of the many use cases for this versatile accessory and perfect companion to your 20mm workbench.
If we could pick only one accessory for our 20mm hole patterned worktop, it just might be a pair of these TDS-13 Dog Stops™ purely for their versatility. Distinguished by their low profile of just 9.5mm (⅜”) in thickness and extended length of 340mm (13-⅜”), a pair of our TDS-13s are a great solution for:
- Workpiece locating and general workholding. Need to cut a series of identically sized cabinet components? Measure just once, install a pair of TDS-13 Dog Stops and extend them so they contact your workpiece opposite the edge to be cut, and lock them in this exact position by securing two hex screws from the top. The TDS-13 retains its position—even when removed or re-installed into your worktop.
- The ultimate material stop. Domino® mortising, sanding, planing and scraping are all made easier with the TDS-13 used as an extended length material stop. Deploy a pair of TDS-13s in perpendicular positions to capture your workpiece along two edges, or use in conjunction with an inline clamp like our Power-Loc Toggle Clamp to completely immobilize it. At only 9.5mm (⅜”) thick, you can comfortably sand, plane and scrape workpieces as thin as ½” (12.7mm) without worrying about the TDS-13 interfering with your work.
- A 45° or 90° fence for precise cuts with your track saw. With its extended length, the TDS-13 can span four 20x96mm dog holes when positioned at 0 or 90°, or three dog holes when positioned at a 45° angle. It’s thin enough to fit under a guide rail, making it an ideal material stop for track sawing operations. Butt the ends of two TDS-13s together and you now have a contiguous fence measuring 680mm (26-¾”) in length.
- Verify squareness. Position two TDS-13s in a perpendicular layout to quickly validate the squareness of a drawer box, or force it square during glue-up with an inline clamp.
Even when removed and re-inserted, the TDS-13 returns exactly to its original position thanks to the inclusion of two DoubleGroove Chamfer Dogs. Unlike traditional bench dogs which typically feature a large diameter collar that extends above the worktop, these dogs feature a small 45° chamfer allowing them to sit flush with your work surface. This design detail also allows us to make the TDS-13 as thin as possible.
Don't Forget to Chamfer!
To get the best experience with our TDS-13 Dog Stops, you must use them in chamfered 20mm dog holes. We offer a Hand Chamfer Tool suitable for adding this chamfer to MDF/HDF worktops, as well as a Combined Chamfer & Reamer Tool which adds the chamfer while also enlarging your dog holes with uniform precision. For hardwood veneered plywood, a quality 45° chamfer router bit will make quick work of chamfering your dog holes. Chamfering your work surface holes provides another added benefit: by removing the hard edges, you reduce the likelihood of pinching a finger. (Not that it's ever happened to us.)
- Combined Chamfer & Reamer Tool – Chamfer and expand your 20mm dog holes with maximum precision and speed.
- Hand Chamfer Tool – For hand-cutting the perfect chamfer in your MDF/HDF worktop or Festool MFT/3.
- 5mm Hex Driver – Not included, but available separately.
What's in the Box
- 2 qty. TDS-13 Low Profile Dog Stops
- 4 qty. Chamfer Dogs
- 4 qty. M8x1.25 Socket Head Cap Screws
- 4 qty. M8 Washers
Note: a 5mm hex driver is not included, but available separately.
- Material: 6000 Series Aluminum Alloy, T6 Tempered
- Dimensions: 340mm (13.38”) length x 50mm (1.97”) width x 9.5mm (0.38”) height
Got a suggestion to make this page even better? Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
Other DetailsTSO brand products are guaranteed for five years from date of sale against defects in materials or workmanship. Normal wear and tear and accidental damage are not covered. For any product determined to have a defect covered by this warranty, TSO Products will repair or, at its option, replace with current comparable product. Warranty requests require an RMA (return authorization number) prior to any return. Request an RMA number by contacting TSO Customer Service (email@example.com).
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I like this product and it works well for me. My only complaint is that they are too expensive.
Great addition to my bench. Nice to have an adjustable stop!
Hey I have had these a few weeks now , and I find them incredibly handy . I have the TDS -10 as well . The TDS-10 might have a speed advantage as compared to the new 13 . I can deploy the TDS -10 very fast with out any tools .. With that said the new 13 has its own set of advantages . 1 is the lack of knobs , this allows me to run them under the Festool track. I now can use these as stop blocks under my track for repeatable thin rips on my plywood . I square them to my Benchdog fence using the TSO triangle square system . I won’t repeat the use’s that have been discussed in the TSO video . The stops and the MFT style bench are so handy and fast to set up a repeatable work space . The fit and finish are top notch and almost doesn’t need to be said at this point . I think the TSO reputation is one that speaks for its self . Now TSO maybe a fence system in the future …
I purchased these the moment I got the email they were available. Why did I do that? Well I have the TDS-10, and I use them every day I use my MFT style work station. The MFT work station was bored out using the UJK Parf Guide System 2 . Another beautiful jig. So the uses for the TDS 10 or 13 are endless. I use them as back stops for sanding or while using the domino. They are awesome stop blocks for your track saw. I set my cuts up by placing my MTR-18 triangle up against my bench dogs fence. I use the TDS-10's and I kiss the triangle up to them and when it touches I lock them down and now I have a perfect stop block for my cuts. I can choose the leave them locked and pull them up to make a different cut, then place them back and get my original cut going again. So with the TDS-13 I now have a greater ability to use them for thin stock . I can run these up under the Festool track and hold my stock in place. The uses are endless its up to you and how you use your MFT tables. . I hope you enjoy them as much as I do .
We are continually striving to improve our products based on customer input. While we make every attempt to keep our product pages up-to-date, know that the product you receive may reflect recent improvements and therefore differ slightly from the product depicted. We reserve the right to change specification of products without notice.