Innovative 20mm Bench Dogs for Most Workholding Uses
DoubleGroove™ Small Dogs measure 18mm from collar to bottom, making them the perfect size for most perforated worktops including the Festool® MFT/3. To accommodate clamping, an included M8x1.25 threaded hole at the bottom of each dog accepts our M8 SpeedKnobs™, FESTOOL® M8 knobs from the clamping elements kit, or any other similar off-the-shelf M8x1.25 threaded knob. All DoubleGroove Dogs are made in the USA from 6061-T6 aluminum on high-precision CNC machining centers and clear anodized for maximum durability. Sold in pairs.
The DoubleGroove™ Dog family includes a variety of sizes: Small (the product on this page, ideal for most general use applications), Medium (for use with our PTR-18 Precision Triangle or thicker work surfaces), Large (for use with our MTR-18 Precision System Triangle), Tall (for using in conjunction with Dog Rail Clips to secure your guide rail to your worktop), and Stubby (also designed for use with Dog Rail Clips, but with a shorter height to clear your track saw motor housing when plunge cutting). Additionally, specialized "Close Fit" versions of our Small, Large, Tall, and Stubby Dogs are available for those who want a tighter fit in 20mm worktops made with precision tools (e.g. CNC router or the Parf Guide System).
- Easier to Use: Twin grooves running along the collar make DoubleGroove 20mm Bench Dogs easier to remove than other dogs on the market; no more stuck dogs!
- A Perfect Fit: Precision machined to exacting tolerances, with a diameter of 19.9mm to strike the perfect balance between solid, secure mounting and ease of insertion/removal.
- Ideal for Custom Worktops: If you've made your own perforated worktop based on the 20x96mm standard and aren't quite sure if your tolerances are perfect, you'll likely find DoubleGroove Dogs to be a better choice. Their twin collar grooves will make it easier to remove dogs that might become "too snug," and a swept undercut along the collar means DoubleGroove Dogs will mount flush even if your holes have tearout.
- Clampable: Each dog includes an M8x1.25 threaded hole, perfect for use with our SpeedKnobs to secure the dogs inside your 20mm perforated worktop. (If you already have the knobs from Festool's 488030 Clamping Elements, those will work too, but you'll find our SpeedKnobs to be much faster and easier to thread.)
- Material: 6000 series aluminum alloy, T5 tempered and anodized clear
See DoubleGroove™ Dogs In Action!
Additional Photos & Applications
DoubleGroove Dogs™ can be used to secure your workpiece to your perforated worktop at perfect 90 or 45 degree angles. When used in conjunction with Dog Rail Clips, our dogs can also be used to secure your guide rail to your worktop.
DoubleGroove™ Dogs will be a snug fit in your perforated worktop, but if you need an extra degree of security, all of our dogs feature an M8x1.25 threaded hole accepting TSO SpeedKnobs™ (our preferred, super quality M8 knob), FESTOOL® clamping elements knobs, or off-the-shelf knobs with M8x1.25 threads.(DoubleGroove Tall Dog shown in the picture above.)
Part of a complete range of 20mm workholding accessories from TSO Products!
Warranty & Returns
The measurements weren't as advertised but were at least consistent.
They work as designed.
Nice and well made but if you use this in a Parff system, it's slightly loose but usable.
I ordered this pair along with the stubby pair and the Parf Guide mark II. The dpgs with the parf guide were 19.94-19.95mm when measured with caliper. Then placed the TSO dogs both small and stubby pair and both wiggle to an extend that made them useless. They measured anwhere between 19.74-19.85mm. The stubby pair didnt even have the same diameter on the top (long) and bottom (Short) portion. If they were as stated in description 19.90mm I believe they would have been snug enough to be placed and taken out of the MFT holes. The Parf dog was a bit difficult to take out.
Very precisely made “Dogs”. Fit the 20mm holes in my “MFT Slab” like a glove!