Two tools in one, for crafting 20mm worktops
The Parf System relies on the fine tolerance fit between the dog holes and the dogs—neither too tight or too loose. Changes in humidity can make it difficult to insert or remove 20mm dogs. Machined from stainless steel, this UJK Combined Chamfer & Reamer Tool does two jobs at once.
This 2-in-1 tool featuring a 10mm hexagonal shank can be used in your favorite cordless drill chuck (use slow speed). The reamer portion has a gentle lead in and four cutting flutes to ream the holes to a precise size. With this woodworking multi-tool, your 20mm dogs will fit snugly without wobble yet can still be removed without difficulty.
After the reamer, the woodworking chamfer tool comes into action. It cuts a neat, shallow chamfer around the top of the dog hole. This chamfer allows full use of our Power-Loc or Smart Connect Bench Connecting Dogs, as well as UJK Parf Super Dogs or any other 20mm dog that utilizes a lip. In addition, by removing the sharp edge around the hole, it prevents damage from repeated insertion of dogs, clamps and other accessories. The chamfer features a solid tungsten carbide cutter with four adjustable cutting sides.
NOTE: This cutter works best in MDF, HDF or plywood with a melamine facing. NOT recommended for hardwood veneer plywood, where the high cutting speed of a traditional woodworking router and chamfer bit with pilot bearing will provide a superior result.
- Stainless steel, 4-flute reamer with TC chamfer cutter
- Restores tolerance of tight dog holes in bench tops
- Chamfer allows full use of our Power-Loc or Smart Connect Bench Connecting Dogs, as well as UJK Parf Super Dogs
- 10mm hexagonal shanks for a secure grip
- Chamfer features a solid tungsten carbide cutter
- Using the UJK Parf Guide System - Part 1, by Peter Parfitt
- Using the UJK Parf Guide System - Part 2, by Peter Parfitt
- How to Drill a 20mm Worktop with the PGS, by Dave Stanton
- How to Make a Speedy Tracksaw Cutting Station, by Peter Parfitt
- UJK Parf Guide System User Guide
- UJK Parf Guide System Drawing - Creating Isometric MFT/3 Style Replacement Cutting Surface
- UJK Parf Guide System Drawing - Storage Plans
Got a suggestion to make this page even better? Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
Warranty & Returns
This tool makes an ideal mod to your new Festool MFT (or any work bench/table w/20mm dog holes). The very slight chamfer improves inserting & removing bench dogs or accessories that use the dog holes. The reamer restores hole size if glue or paint has seeped into one or more holes. I used this tool on both of my MFTs when they were new. I then applied a hard oil finish to the bare MDF top to make them resistant to glue squeeze out, drops of project topcoats, as well as to protect against humid summer months in my non-climate-controlled shop. I suspect that this tool will last a lifetime. It’s precisely made of robust materials.
I used this tool to clean up the holes bored with the Woodpeckers Hole Boring Jig. Made a huge improvement in cleaning up the less than perfect holes made by the jig.Huge thanks.
Prepares your 20mm holes to accept new flush dogs
This made my MFT the way it should be made, great product!!
My 20mm bench top was a pain to use after excess finish found its way in the dog holes. This tool quickly and easily solved that problem.