A Versatile Addition to Your 20mm Hole Patterned Worktop
Watch this video for a glimpse into some of the many use cases for this versatile accessory and perfect companion to your 20mm workbench.
If we could pick only one accessory for our 20mm hole patterned worktop, it just might be a pair of these TDS-13 Dog Stops™ purely for their versatility. Distinguished by their low profile of just 9.5mm (⅜”) in thickness and extended length of 340mm (13-⅜”), a pair of our TDS-13s are a great solution for:
- Workpiece locating and general workholding. Need to cut a series of identically sized cabinet components? Measure just once, install a pair of TDS-13 Dog Stops and extend them so they contact your workpiece opposite the edge to be cut, and lock them in this exact position by securing two hex screws from the top. The TDS-13 retains its position—even when removed or re-installed into your worktop.
- The ultimate material stop. Domino® mortising, sanding, planing and scraping are all made easier with the TDS-13 used as an extended length material stop. Deploy a pair of TDS-13s in perpendicular positions to capture your workpiece along two edges, or use in conjunction with an inline clamp like our Power-Loc Toggle Clamp to completely immobilize it. At only 9.5mm (⅜”) thick, you can comfortably sand, plane and scrape workpieces as thin as ½” (12.7mm) without worrying about the TDS-13 interfering with your work.
- A 45° or 90° fence for precise cuts with your track saw. With its extended length, the TDS-13 can span four 20x96mm dog holes when positioned at 0 or 90°, or three dog holes when positioned at a 45° angle. It’s thin enough to fit under a guide rail, making it an ideal material stop for track sawing operations. Butt the ends of two TDS-13s together and you now have a contiguous fence measuring 680mm (26-¾”) in length.
- Verify squareness. Position two TDS-13s in a perpendicular layout to quickly validate the squareness of a drawer box, or force it square during glue-up with an inline clamp.
Even when removed and re-inserted, the TDS-13 returns exactly to its original position thanks to the inclusion of two DoubleGroove Chamfer Dogs. Unlike traditional bench dogs which typically feature a large diameter collar that extends above the worktop, these dogs feature a small 45° chamfer allowing them to sit flush with your work surface. This design detail also allows us to make the TDS-13 as thin as possible.
Don't Forget to Chamfer!
To get the best experience with our TDS-13 Dog Stops, you must use them in chamfered 20mm dog holes. We offer a Hand Chamfer Tool suitable for adding this chamfer to MDF/HDF worktops, as well as a Combined Chamfer & Reamer Tool which adds the chamfer while also enlarging your dog holes with uniform precision. For hardwood veneered plywood, a quality 45° chamfer router bit will make quick work of chamfering your dog holes. Chamfering your work surface holes provides another added benefit: by removing the hard edges, you reduce the likelihood of pinching a finger. (Not that it's ever happened to us.)
- Combined Chamfer & Reamer Tool – Chamfer and expand your 20mm dog holes with maximum precision and speed.
- Hand Chamfer Tool – For hand-cutting the perfect chamfer in your MDF/HDF worktop or Festool MFT/3.
- 5mm Hex Driver – Not included, but available separately.
What's in the Box
- 2 qty. TDS-13 Low Profile Dog Stops
- 4 qty. Chamfer Dogs
- 4 qty. M8x1.25 Socket Head Cap Screws
- 4 qty. M8 Washers
Note: a 5mm hex driver is not included, but available separately.
- Material: 6000 Series Aluminum Alloy, T6 Tempered
- Dimensions: 340mm (13.38”) length x 50mm (1.97”) width x 9.5mm (0.38”) height
Warranty & Returns
Works very well
Great product. I am adopting the whole 32mm mindset. These allow me to speed up assembly by creating custom assembly and clamping set-ups based on the work I’m doing. They hold fast and remain where I set them. As the need arises, I’ll get more without reservation.
I appreciate the product and American innovation, the price points however are insane. Additionally, I suggest offering products as a bundle versus line items for foam inserts, systainer, plus the product as a line item. The price seems excessive.
Another great quality and very well thought product from TSO. The low profile gives plenty of flexibility and long adjustable notch makes it versatile for setting it in angles for work hold.
Not my first buy from TSO, all are great, and well made.