Presenting the MTR-18
An 18" (457mm) precision system triangle designed to unlock the potential of your 20mm patterned worktop
Much more than a triangle, the MTR-18 is a first-of-its-kind tool combining the accuracy of a CNC machined precision triangle with a range of optional accessories to enable countless clamping, angle measurement and jig scenarios. Designed to take advantage of today's modern 20mm hole patterned worktops, the MTR-18 has all of the features and capability found in its cousin—the PTR-18—but adds the ability to be set to any angle with the optional indexing pointer and brass locking pin (available in the MTR-18 Accessory Kit and MTR-18 Set). Once registered to a 20mm patterned worktop such as the Festool® MFT/3, the MTR-18 acts as a fast and extremely accurate angle register. Dial in a precise angle with its large protractor scale and available pointer with parallax-free viewport—and then lock it in place with our own DoubleGroove™ Large Dogs and M8 SpeedKnobs™. With a long edge of more than 635mm (25"), the MTR-18 can even act as a removeable fence for the Festool MFT/3 or any 20mm patterned work surface that conforms to this popular standard.
- Guaranteed Accurate: Machined on high-precision CNC machining centers and made from thick precision aluminum tooling plate guaranteed square to within .001” over its 18” length as verified using an automated CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine).
- Removable Foot: Enables freestanding use or quick angle measurement off the edge of your table or workpiece. Includes ball-tip Allen wrench and stainless steel socket screws which can be conveniently stowed in tapped holes along the foot when not in use.
- Festool Compatible: Arched 20mm slot is perfectly positioned to align with the holes on your Festool MFT/3 table and accept DoubleGroove™ Large Dogs—providing an accurate, repeatable, and adjustable means of rapidly aligning workpieces or ensuring the squareness of your Festool fence, guide rail and grid pattern. (Note that you can also use widely available alternative bench dog brands, but those alternatives may not provide enough depth to accommodate clamping knobs—like our well-regarded M8 SpeedKnobs™—once inserted through the triangle and table.)
- Repeatable Accuracy: Cardinal angles of 0, 15, 22.5, 30, and 45 degrees can be quickly set with available indexing pointer and brass locking knob, available as part of the MTR-18 Accessory Kit.
- Edge Locator Pins: Included M6 index pins can be attached to one side of the triangle's face, forming a foot on just one side of the triangle.
- Squaring/Connecting Pins: Similar in shape but longer than the Edge Locator Pins, the Squaring/Connecting pins can be used to rapidly square the Festool MFT/3 guide rail to the worktop, and can even be used to affix the triangle to a guide rail using Dog Rail Clips (not included). See depiction below.
- Dual Dimensioned: Both Imperial or Metric measurement included (one on each side).
- Easy to Read: Extremely legible, large, laser-engraved marking.
- Clamping Square: With the optional Angle Accessories, you can tranform the MTR-18 into a large clamping square. Included in the MTR-18 Accessory Kit but also available separately.
- Expandable with Accessories: Secure the MTR-18 to your Festool MFT/3 table at any angle with the available MTR-18 Accessory Kit which includes Indexing Pointer, Brass Locking Knob, Ergo Knob, four DoubleGroove Dogs, T-Bolt, and more in a handy stowage tin—or order everything at once with the MTR-18 Set.
- Accessory Mounting Holes: Tapped for M6 threads for connecting available Angle Accessory.
- Made in the USA: Manufactured in low volume and stocked in Minnesota.
- Warranty: Backed by our lifetime guarantee.
What's Included in the Box
- MTR-18 Precision Triangle Body
- MTR-18 Removable Foot
- M4 Socket Head Cap Screws (6)
- M6 Edge Index Pins (2)
- M6 Squaring/Connecting Pins (2)
- M3 Allen Wrench
Additional Media & Applications
Quickly and accurately square your Festool MFT/3 guide rail to the holes in the 20mm worktop, using the MTR-18 and included DoubleGroove™ Dogs and Squaring/Connecting Pins.
Triangle Comparison Table
|PTR-18 Precision Basic Triangle||MTR-18 Precision System Triangle||MTR-18 Precision System Triangle Set||MTR-18 Master Accessory Kit|
|Includes…||Triangle, removable foot, mounting screws, hex allen wrench||Triangle, removable foot, mounting screws, hex allen wrench, edge locator pins, squaring/connecting pins||Triangle, removable foot, mounting screws, hex allen wrench, edge locator pins, squaring/connecting pins, pointer, locking pin, ergo knob, t-bolt, four DoubleGroove Dogs, two clamping angles, two allen drivers, stowage tin||Pointer, locking pin, ergo knob, t-bolt, four DoubleGroove Dogs, two SpeedKnobs, two clamping angles, two allen drivers, extra mounting hardware|
|Best for…||90 and 45 degree set-ups||90 and 45 degree set-ups, plus ability to add accessories in the future||Applications requiring fine, infinite angle adjustment and repeatability||Adding infinite angle adjustment to MTR-18, additional clamping options|
|Optional Accessories||DoubleGroove™ Dogs, SpeedKnobs™||MTR-18 Master Accessory Kit, DoubleGroove™ Dogs, SpeedKnobs™||N/A (it's all included)||N/A (it's all included)|
Got a suggestion to make this page even better? Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
Other DetailsLifetime Warranty from TSO Products!
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
For the price you expect it to be perfect. and guess what, it is. All the holes and markings are very well thought out, convenient and easy to read.
I'm just getting started seriously using Festool products, and purchased the MTR-18, expecting to use it eventually with a home-built MFT assembly cabinet. I'm still in the process of building the assembly cabinet, but I've already used the MTR-18 to square up my table saw miter gauge, and it worked much better than the square I was using previously. I plan to use it in the next few days as a clamping guide for the assembly table. The precision and flexibility are exactly as described on the site. I liked it enough that I also ordered the extension kit. It's expensive, but I think it's worth it.